The LL.M. in Franco–German and European Business Law is taught in French, in German and in English. During the two years of the programme – the first on the campus of the Faculty of Law of the University of Passau in Germany and the second on the Paris campus of the Faculty of Law of the UCL – students specialise on various topics in Business Law, in French, German and European legal spheres.
Aims of the LL.M. (Master)
- Programme covering the main topics of business law in France, Germany, and at the European level (Commercial Law, European Antitrust Law, Corporate
Law, European Competition Law, Contract Law, International and European Mergers & Acquisitions Law…).
- Additional training in a company or in a law firm w( ork/study programme / “Alternance” in French), part of the final mark.
- Training to legal activities of companies, public institutions and Franco–German and European law firms.
- One year of legal training in each country (University of Passau’s Faculty of Law in Germany then Lille Catholic University’s Faculty of Law, Paris Campus in France).
- Advanced language courses and legal culture courses.
- Issuance of a certificate (“Leistungsanerkennung”) by the Faculty of Law at Passau at the end of the first year of the LL.M.
- Courses taught in French, German and English with Faculty’s professors or visiting professors.
Jobs & Careers / Study opportunities
- A work/study programme (a professional LL.M. – “master en alternance” in French) offering to students the advantages of a salary and financing the efes of the programme.
- Professional experience that well prepares students to their future international career and increases their placement rate.
- An opportunity for German students having passed their first state exam (“Erste juristische Staatsprüfung”) to integrate directly the second year of LL.M.(Master) on the Paris campus of the Faculty of Law.
- Access to the French bar exam at the end of the LL.M (Master).
- An education preparing students to be lawyer in a law firm, legal adviser in a company, employee in Franco–German, European or international institutions...
For your professional project
- Internationalisation of the work/study programme (the professional experience in a company or in a law firm takes place in the same country as the academic
training) managed by the work/study School of law and by the Career Centre of both faculties of law.
- Meetings with legal practitioners: some aspects of business law will be taught by practitioners.
- Meetings with professionals during the second year of the LL.M. on the Paris campus of the Faculty of law: international Job Dating & Careers organized by
the Faculty’s International and European Law School (IELS).
- Individual advices for careers or further studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 20, 2018