The 2017/2018 academic year the Interuniversity Research Master in Philosophy was launched. It is a Master's that the universities of Murcia (coordinator), La Laguna and Zaragoza offer jointly and which has been verified by the Council of Universities.
The union of resources from the three universities makes it possible to gather a teaching team of the highest quality: 100% of the teaching staff of the master's degree are PhD professors who accumulate more than 80 six-year terms of research among them and the management of more than a dozen funded research projects , as well as more than 80 supervised doctoral theses. All this makes this Master a privileged and accredited platform to continue academic and research training in Philosophy or to obtain, for graduates in other branches or disciplines, advanced philosophical training that allows you to obtain critical and multidisciplinary approaches.
The union of efforts and resources allows to offer six specializations, which makes it possible for any student to pursue a career or research training in the Doctorate in the future. Our Master has its continuity in the Interuniversity Doctorate Program in Philosophy, which seven Spanish universities: Murcia, Zaragoza, La Laguna, Castilla-La Mancha, Almería and Alicante (http://www.um.es/web/eidum/contener / studies / doctorates / philosophy) also offer together, offering the student and researcher one of the most powerful institutional networks in philosophical studies and research.
|Teaching center:||Faculty of Philosophy|
|Type of teaching:||Face-to-face|
|Title:||Interuniversity Master in Research in Philosophy|
|Scholarships, grants and mobility:||National / International|
|Price per credit:||
The task of Philosophy today consists in thinking about our present through an exercise in constant confrontation between the universality of concepts and the singularity of events, so that concepts are problematized based on events and these are understood through those. Now, we know that this task requires that we take an untimely look, that is, that we take as much distance as possible from ourselves, in order to problematize our most deeply rooted ideas and understand the novelty and uniqueness of our historical experience. And it is this double game, as essential as it is interesting, that we want to make effective in ours.
The reflective and critical view of the present forces us, therefore, to take into account not only the various contemporary philosophical currents, but also the different positive knowledge: on the one hand, the so-called Humanities and Social Sciences and, on the other, the Formal Sciences and Natural, because without them we could neither recognize the horizon in which our own experience is inscribed, nor could we take charge of the changes associated with our scientific understanding of nature, as well as our technological capacity to transform it.
- Train graduates in Philosophy or other degrees to develop original and autonomous philosophical research.
- Provide graduates in Philosophy or other degrees with specialized academic training in research areas (anthropological, ethical, socio-political, ontoepistemological and aesthetic) relevant to contemporary philosophy, allowing them to improve their capacities for research and / or or professional. morhamedufmg / Pixabay
Structure of the Master
The Master has an annual duration and is blended (with face-to-face and videoconference classes). Its 60 credits are distributed as follows:
- 15 credits of common training.
- 45 credits of specialized training, made up of a Master's Final Project of 15 credits and training in 6 “Mentions” of 30 credits organized according to broad thematic lines:
- Mention 1: Contemporary philosophy. Historical budgets
- Mention 2: Philosophical keys to understand the present.
- Mention 3: Language, mind and science.
- Mention 4: Ethics and politics.
- Mention 5. Aesthetics and Theory of the Arts.
- Mention 6: Ideas and problems of the contemporary world.
- Use the documentary sources with solvency and show a command of the strategies and skills necessary for access to information and its management.
- To know in a specialized way particular areas of contemporary philosophical research and human praxis, such as mind, language, technology, science, society, culture, ethics, politics, the arts and aesthetics; as well as the historical, social and cultural context in which they develop.
- Prepare research papers, in which they will use consistent arguments to justify their theses; as well as evaluations of contemporary philosophical proposals, critically attending to their historical and theoretical assumptions.
- Analyze the practical and theoretical implications of the research results obtained.
- Apply the acquired philosophical knowledge, increasing your problem solving capacity in new or little known environments and within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to your area of research.
- Integrate knowledge and work in multidisciplinary teams when facing the complexity of the realities and problems of the contemporary world.
- Use the results of philosophical research to evaluate, diagnose and advise in the fields of bioethics, corporate responsibility, intercultural coexistence, social mediation, cultural management or audiovisual communication.
- Argumentatively transmit the conclusions obtained in their philosophical investigations to specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Consolidate a level of linguistic competence in a foreign language of philosophical relevance equivalent, at least, to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and especially your reading and interpretive competence of relevant philosophical texts.
- Achieve an integrated vision of the R + D + i process and knowledge management, allowing them to participate in the conduct and design of research projects.
The profile of the most suitable qualification for accessing the Master's Degree in Contemporary Philosophy and its historical assumptions is that of a graduate or graduate in Philosophy, although given the transdisciplinary nature of philosophical studies and research, the affinity of the degree should not be restricted to own degrees of the branch of knowledge of Humanities or its equivalent in the European Space of Higher Education or any other space. Access, in any case, would take place after checking the equivalent level of training.
People trained to carry out an autonomous and original philosophical investigation.
About the School
Una institución docente de enseñanza superior que cuenta con unas infraestructuras para la docencia y la investigación de excelencia internacional. Una universidad innovadora, dinámica, responsable y ... Read More