- Type of education: Face-to-face & distance learning.
- Number of new entry places offered: 20
- Total credits: 75
- Languages taught: Spanish - English.
- Guide price: € 31.40 per credit.
- Master's Scholarship: see relevant information here .
This University Master offers quality, multidisciplinary, comprehensive and specific training that covers the main methodological axes of the Social and Health Sciences: Applied Statistics, Data Sciences, Psychometry, Research Design and Modeling.
The general objective of the program is to provide the theoretical, technical and methodological knowledge for the training of professionals and researchers in the different plots of the Behavioral and Health Sciences Methodology.
The University Master's is developed in two courses, one for teaching and a second course for the completion of the Master's Final Project. In total the teaching load is 75 ECTS, organized:
- Module 1: Compulsory Contents: 24-30 ECTS
- Module 2: Optional Contents, Practical Seminars and Conferences: 36-30 ECTS
- Module 3: Master's Final Project: 15 ECTS
All students have the option of expanding their training with additional courses up to a maximum of 90 ECTS.
Students from related degrees but not included in those that grant direct access to the University Master's Degree must also take an initial leveling module of 15 ECTS.
The University Master's Degree allows students to be trained in various profiles, with specific training objectives and different professional fields of action: Data Analysis, Big Data, Measurement and Process Modeling.
In order to guide students in choosing elective courses and practical seminars, three recommended itineraries are proposed for each profile:
- Research Designs and Data Analysis
- Psychological Measurement and Evaluation
- Data and Process Modeling
All those interested in deepening in the methodological contents of the various disciplines integrated within the field of Social Sciences and Health.
The following university degrees allow direct access to this Postgraduate: Anthropology, Biology, Education, Pharmacy, Mathematics, Medicine, Psychology, Educational Psychology and Sociology.
The University Master's Degree is mainly focused on:
- Graduates or graduates who wish to expand their skills in the field of Methodology.
- Graduates and professionals who require further training in data analysis and modeling and in methodology in order to collaborate with companies and institutions related to Social and Health Sciences.
Why study this master?
From a scientific point of view, the Behavioral and Health Sciences Methodology is, on the one hand, a discipline in itself with a constantly expanding body of knowledge and research activity. On the other hand, it is a discipline that provides unwavering instrumental support to a multitude of areas of knowledge in the task of building scientific knowledge. Finally, the existing demand in the market, both at a training and employment level, justifies the professional interest of the University Master's in Methodology.
Admission requirements for masters
Non-enabling university masters
- Be in possession of any of the following titles:
- Spanish official university degree .
- Title issued by an institution of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and empowering in the country of issue for access to Master's education.
- Title of educational systems outside the EHEA that empowers in the country of issuance for access to Master's education, homologated or declared equivalent to the degree and academic level of Degree or Degree by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training . In case of lacking the mentioned homologation or equivalency, it will be necessary to have authorization or access permission granted by this University.
- Or be carrying out during the course in which you pre-enroll studies leading to the obtaining of any of the previous degrees and be in a position to prove the obtaining of the same before September 30, 2020 .
- In addition, students from foreign educational systems, whose mother tongue is different from Spanish, must prove level B2 of the Spanish language (or higher) .
- Specific requirements that any of the requested masters may have. You can consult it by accessing the website of the Master itself.
About the School
La Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) es una institución de larga trayectoria y amplio reconocimiento social que aspira a situarse entre las primeras universidades de Europa y a consolidarse como ... Read More