Please note: this program is taught entirely in ITALIAN.
Unique in Italy, this program integrates translation skills, interpretation skills and a combination of Chinese- or Spanish-to-English with Chinese- or Spanish-to-Italian in the same curriculum.
The degree helps you learn the techniques and methodologies employed in professional interpretation and specialized literary translation, as well as how to use IT tools for assisted translation. You will tackle the most diverse linguistic-literary and socio-cultural issues with a comparative and intercultural approach and learn to analyze and translate technical, literary, editorial and multimedia texts.
You also learn how to do liaison interpreting, consecutive and chuchotage (whispered) interpreting and company visits, as well as how to manage complex technical professional projects. In addition to providing a wealth of technical skills, these activities aim to deepen your understanding of the intercultural and interlinguistic dynamics in which you will find yourself working after graduation.
• Chinese-English (taught in Italian and Chinese)
• Spanish-English (taught in Italian and Spanish)
One of our lecture rooms - Treviso campus
LAUNCHING YOUR CAREER
Graduates can seek employment with international companies and organizations or translation agencies in a variety of capacities. Career opportunities can be found in a variety of fields, including:
- Cross-linguistic communication and advertising
- Linguistic or philological consultancy
- Technical text editing
- International cultural exchange consultancy
- International public relations
- International journalism
Come graduate in Piazza San Marco with us!
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND ADMISSION
- Candidates must be assessed to confirm their possession of the minimum curricular and experiential requirements;
- EU citizens must take a written entry test in Italy that evaluates their knowledge of Italian and English as well as the focal language of the chosen curriculum;
- Non-EU citizens must take either an oral entry test via Skype or a written entry test in Italy that evaluates their knowledge of Italian and English as well as the focal language of the chosen curriculum;
- A certified B2-level knowledge of both Italian and English is required, and students must have an excellent knowledge of either Chinese or Spanish.
TO APPLY, VISIT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PLATFORM APPLY.UNIVE.IT!
FEES AND FUNDING
Depending on your nationality, the fees range from 700 to 2100 Euros. To know how much your fee would be, contact us!
For high-achieving international students, Ca' Foscari offers:
- renewable fee waivers
- one-time scholarships of €5,000
The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families.
Life at Ca' Foscari is both rewarding and stimulating thanks to a wide range of activities and events organized by the university as well as the students themselves. You can get involved in student clubs and sports, as well as take advantage of everything the city itself has to offer, from international cultural events to some of the world's most beautiful art and architecture. Plus, if you choose to live in Venice's historic center, you'll surely enjoy living locally and sustainably thanks to the fact that distances are manageable and there are no cars or traffic to compete with.
To get an insider's perspective, why not book an online chat with a current international student?
Also be sure to check out our international student Instagram account, @studentlifeinvenice for a window onto life at Ca' Foscari!
Ca' Foscari main building
About the School
Originally established as Italy’s first business school in 1868, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is now a multidisciplinary institution offering a wide range of study programs in economics and manage ... Read More