The International Tourism & Event Management (M.A.) study program focuses on relevant processes and disciplines in the international tourism and event industry. You will learn about the latest industry topics, including digitalization and big data, innovation management, experience marketing, and crisis, safety, and security management, in an international and intercultural context. Apart from that, the third semester features a mandatory internship abroad, during which you will gain practical work experience.
To be eligible to study at Hochschule Fresenius, applicants must provide evidence of the qualification required for the program. This can take the following forms:
- A written application to Hochschule Fresenius.
- A first degree completed successfully (with a grade of 2.5 or higher) and at least 180 ECTS points.
- Evidence must be provided that 60 ECTS points of the previous degree were acquired in modules relating to business studies.
- Proof of English language skills (Level B2)
Within this international-focused study program, you will not only acquire social and job-related skills but also gain intercultural and international experience by completing an internship abroad in the third semester.
You will learn these skills within the following courses (excerpt):
- Tourism Trends & Issues
- International Tourism and Event Management
- Experience Marketing & Design
- Crisis, Safety & Security Management in Tourism & Event
- Big Data & Online Marketing
- Innovation Management
- Behavioural Decision Making
- International Economics & International Management
- International Marketing & Sales
- Research Methods
- Leadership & Strategy
- Finance Management
- Consumer Behaviour in Tourism & Events
- Human Resource Management in Global Enterprises
- Sustainability Management & CSR in a Global Context
Students will be qualified to work in international management and consultancy in various tourism and event companies, for example:
- International tourism companies
- Tour operators/travel agencies
- Destination marketing
- Trade fair and conference organizers
- International live communication agencies
- Cultural promoters
- Marketing, communication, and event departments
- Research and development
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 3, 2018