International Security Degrees
MSc in International Defence and Security
This course considers some of the most pressing issues of world politics such as the causes of war and peace, the pressures and opportunities of globalisation, the threats posed by terrorism, and the problems of global poverty and injustice.
Duration: 1 year full-time
Who is it for?
This course is intended to attract students who are either currently employed in posts relating to Security Cooperation or those individuals who generally have an interest in issues pertaining to defence and security.
Students come from the following areas:
- Serving members of the UK MOD (civilian and military)
- Foreign MOD civil servants and members of foreign armed forces
- Staff from the other UK and foreign government departments, as well as international
- Governmental and non-governmental organisations, who have an identified need to develop their knowledge of Defence and Security
- Civilians with an interest in defence and security.
There is often a wide range of nationalities on the course, with a maximum of 30 places available.
MSc in Security Sector Management
This course is designed for participants to be able to develop and implement strategic security sector plans and analyse, communicate and evaluate the broader implications for related areas within state and regional frameworks.
Duration: Executive Programme: 2 years, plus a dissertation. 1 Year Accelerated Executive Programme: 1 year, plus a dissertation.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for those who work in any security or development related organisation – as a policy maker or practitioner. The course is also relevant to those who may wish to enhance their knowledge and skills based on a related first degree or those seeking to pursue careers in the field of security sector management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 7, 2018