Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) offers the International Master of Communication and Business Program, enrolling students from 2020. The length of the full-time program is 2 years. The degree of Master of Arts (MA) in Communication will be conferred upon completion.
Created in collaboration with Zhejiang University College of Media and International Culture and building on the longstanding international teaching philosophy of Zhejiang University, iMCB is an interdisciplinary program committed to training leaders who combine global vision, intercultural competence and understanding of China to position themselves as globally-competitive China business experts. Through this program, students will develop Chinese language abilities, intercultural communication competence, research and analysis skills, and practical experience in business and management. Graduates will be well-equipped to build successful careers in China in media, marketing, communications, international business, and other fields.
Pioneer in Chinese Business Studies
iMCB is the first master program for international students oﬀered jointly by ZIBS and Zhejiang University College of Media and International Culture and builds on the foundations of the pioneering Master of China Studies program of ZJU. The iMCB program is specially designed for talented international students interested in Chinese business, communications, and media.
Grounded in China studies and intercultural communication, iMCB is an interdisciplinary program which combines coursework and research in Chinese business culture, management practices, sociology, and intercultural understanding.
Diverse Learning Community
Located on the International Campus, the iMCB program provides a cross-cultural learning environment combining Eastern and Western styles of education and is equipped with exceptional campus facilities. The campus hosts students from over 30 countries who form a large, diverse, and interdisciplinary learning community.
At the Heart of Best Practices
The iMCB program is located in the heart of the Yangtze River Delta, China's most dynamic and innovative region. ZIBS partners with world-renowned firms in the region to provide students with outstanding internship opportunities and platforms for business research.
- Candidates must be non-Chinese citizens, hold undergraduate degrees, and in good health.
- Candidates whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL (90 or higher), IELTS (6.5 or higher), or other proof of proficiency.
- No Chinese language proficiency is required for the program.
- For more requirements, please refer to the 2020 International Student (Master) Prospectus published by the International College of Zhejiang University at http://iczu.zju.edu.cn.
For application details and deadlines, please contact the ZIBS Program Team (email@example.com) before submitting your application.
Application Process & Documents Required
Contact ZIBS staff members before you apply online and we will assist you with anything where help is needed. firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1 Online Application
- Complete and submit your online application at Zhejiang University Application & Admission System for International Student
Step 2 Send the Following Supporting Documents by Post
- Signed application form with photo (white background, 35mm x 45mm size)
- Copy of valid passport (photo page)
- Original or notarized copy of highest degree
- Official transcripts for each degree held
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report (if applies) (Department Code for TOEFL C603)
- GRE or GMAT score report (if available)（Department Code for GRE: 4741）
- Personal statement (minimum 1,500 words) either in English or Chinese
- A full curriculum vitae & two reference letters with referrers’ signatures and contact information (one academic & one professional)
- Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 800)
Please note that
- The hard copies should be posted to the following address:
- iMCB Program Team, Rm. 407, Art and Science Building, Zhejiang University International Business School, 718 East Haizhou Road, Haining, Zhejiang Province, China 314400
- The soft copies for all the application documents should be sent to email@example.com.
- Documents submitted for iMCB application will not be returned.
Step 3 Interview
- ZIBS Admission Office will short-list applicants and determine who will be interviewed. Interviews will be held face-to-face or via video conference.
The tuition fee is 36,800 RMB per year.
ZIBS First Year Student Scholarship（5000-10000RMB）
The ZIBS First Year Student Scholarship is established to reward individuals with outstanding global leadership potential. It is open to all first-year international students.
The Scholarship will be paid to students monthly as a living allowance, starting one month after the student registration period. The scholarship will be disbursed over the period of one school year (10 months). Students are, however, required to pay the tuition in full upon registration.
- Fill in ZIBS First Year Scholarship Application Form.
- Send a soft copy of your application package, including application documents and ZIBS First Year Scholarship Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail a hard copy of your application package as above to the address below: iMCB Program Team, Rm. 407, Arts and Science Building, Zhejiang University International Business School, 718 East Haizhou Road, Haining, Zhejiang Province, China 314400 +86 571 87572711
The scholarship offer will be determined based on the applicant’s: Academic Background (70%) + Interview Performance (30%)
The result will be announced by the end of June as well as stipulated in the Admission Letter.
About the School
Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) was founded on the ZJU International Campus at Haining in November 2018 to facilitate academic and corporate exchange between the West and the ... Read More