- Language: English
- Type: Full-time
- Intake: September
- Length: 18 months
- Location: Milan, Italy and Glasgow , UK
- Tuition fee: € 16.500 for EU applicants, € 18.500 for non-EU applicants
- University Requirements: 3-year Bachelor degree (minimum 180 ECTS)
Because of increasing complexity of business operations, Project Management professionals are in high demand in any industry. This is why MIP and Strathclyde offer a professional training at postgraduate level integrating the most recent approaches in Project Management with a cross-sectorial and intercultural perspective that focus on managerial, behavioural and technical competencies.
This International Master in Project Management is addressed to all candidates aiming at understanding and improving the way to drive projects (from small ones to mega-projects) exploring both individual, team and company strategies
Why Choose Us
The program offers a highly specialized qualification in two countries with candidates receiving the Master Degree from Politecnico di Milano and a Master of Science in Project Management from Strathclyde Business School. Discover the highlights of the programme.
At a Glance
- 18 months: 10 months in class + 8 months project
- First semester in Italy, second semester in the UK, final project work anywhere
- 100% in English
- Develop a systematic understanding of knowledge in the areas associated with project management
- Acquire a critical awareness of contemporary and pervasive issues in project management
- Understand and evaluate a comprehensive range of research techniques
- Evaluate critically academic research, professional research, published case studies and media pronouncements on the development and use of project management in business
- Encourage the development of subject interest by enabling students to carry out original research at the forefront of knowledge on a relevant project management through a master level thesis
- Assist the development of transferable skills (particularly teamwork, leadership, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and presentation) for employment
- Possibility to attend one elective offered on campus or in one of Strathclyde’s International Centres in: Abu Dhabi and Dubai, Bahrain, Greece, Malaysia, Oman, Singapore or Switzerland
The International Master in Project Management is a 18-month Master programme offered by MIP Politecnico di Milano and Strathclyde Business School, that seeks to instruct students on managerial topics relevant to Project Management with special focus on project management as a process to deliver complex change, strategic management for formulating and implementing organizational strategy and the development of soft skills.
The master is entirely taught in English.
Please note that this programme is designed for fresh graduates with less than 3 years of work experience. Candidates can apply for the programme starting in September 2020 if they have completed their bachelor/master degree not earlier than 2017. Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree/master degree before 2017 can consider our International MBA programs.
Students will spend 1 semester in Milan before they are moving to Glasgow for the second semester at Strathclyde Business School. The class room activity is then followed by a final project work which can take place in Italy, the UK or internationally.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Since the number of seats in class is limited, candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Should the course become fully subscribed before the deadline dates, applications will close earlier.
Non-EU students are encouraged to apply at least three months before the start of the programme in order to allow enough time for the Declaration of Value (DOV) procedure for Italy and establishment of the student visa.
The ideal candidate
- Possesses leadership potential
- Is open to learning and exploring a variety of Project Management areas
- Demonstrates well-developed analytical skills and business skill.
- Holds a 3 year Bachelor degree in any discipline (minimum 180 ECTS)
- Candidates should have a minimum Second Class Honours degree or equivalent CGPA.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- GMAT/GRE scores (optional)
- Motivation letter in English
- Digital photo
- English proficiency certificate (IELTS with 6.5 overall and with no band less than 5.5 in individual modules)
The information on scholarships for the September 2020 intake will be published in October 2019.
Candidates should indicate in the application form if they would like to apply for financial aid at the time of application.
The master prepares candidates for a career in project management in a full range of sectors. In the past, students have covered roles such as the following:
- Project Manager
- Merger & Acquisitions Analyst
- Project Developer
Some of our TOP Employers
Graduates of previous editions found an internship or placement opportunity in leading companies such as: Roche Pharmaceutical, Electrolux, BMW, Luxottica, Seingrim, Senacor Technologies, Decathlon, Deliveroo, Rolls Royce, BTO Research, Aegon, RGI.
About the School
Founded in 1979 as a Consortium between the Politecnico di Milano and many Italian institutions and several leading public and private industrial groups, today MIP is a non-for-profit consortium limit ... Read More