Business Analytics and Big Data master program is an innovative program based on a holistic educational experience, where theory and practice are fully interlaced through the continuous support of companies and international partners. Furthermore, being in constant relationship with the Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Observatory of Politecnico di Milano, the course is at the forefront of research on ICTs for big data analysis and management. This truly unique program is jointly offered by MIP and CEFRIEL - Politecnico di Milano and it is in partnership with IBM.
With the Big Data revolution, an ever-growing number of leading organizations and governments are launching big data initiatives to gain actionable insights, drive key decisions and improve performance across all business functions.
Welcome to the International Master in Business Analytics and Big Data designed to train a new generation of data-savvy professionals able to manage complex business analytics problems across a variety of different industries and environments.
This truly unique program is jointly offered by MIP and CEFRIEL- Politecnico di Milano.
Be prepared for the jobs of the future as Business Analyst and Big Data Manager.
WHO IS IT DESIGNED FOR?
The program is specifically conceived for graduates who wish to acquire and develop advanced quantitative skills to analyze data describing transactions, interactions or people's behavior, in order to extract relevant insights, optimize actions and drive innovation.
Students backgrounds reflect the dual focus of the master, coming from computer science, economics, engineering, management, mathematics, science or statistics. While having different academic backgrounds, students all share a deep interest in analytics and big data technologies for creating business value.
Relevant career positions revolve around the roles of data scientist, business analyst, and big data manager, and might include among others:
- Data Users: Business folks in the end user corporate community able to exploit insights from data to make better decisions.
- Data Producers: Data analysts able to use the appropriate tools to convert analytical problems into analytical solutions.
- Data Interpreters: Professionals able to understand both users and producers establishing a successful communication among them.
The program provides young and highly motivated candidates with the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to meet the accelerating demand for data scientists. The course is designed to enhance the managerial talent by harnessing the power of data and turning data into knowledge and business value. Participants will master a holistic set of predictive methods, big data technologies and broad managerial skills to improve business performance.
The program focuses on the following main objectives:
- The ability to combine advanced analytical tools with business processes to improve decision making and exploit new opportunities.
- Methodological and technical background required to select, apply or even design effective predictive methods for the business domain.
- The ability to gain valuable insights from big data extraction, processing, and interpretation.
- Interdisciplinary skills that enhance the communication and integration with different stakeholders within the organization.
These formative goals are pursued through an experiential approach to both intellectual studies and hands-on application with labs, business cases, contributions by industrial partners and companies, internships. Beside the participation of distinguished interdisciplinary academics from Politecnico di Milano and other prominent international institutions, together with renowned partners such as IBM, the master also offers international faculty and exchange programs.
The program is divided into six major modules:
- General Management: strategy and marketing, accounting and finance, organization design, supply chain management.
- Data Management and Warehousing: business information systems, data warehouse, data management, data integration and security, big data cloud technologies, semantic web technologies and mobile technologies.
- Fundamentals of Statistics and Data Visualization: an introduction to descriptive statistics, exploratory data analysis, data visualization process, and tools.
- Predictive Analytics and Business Applications: big data opportunities and applications, data mining and machine learning, business applications of advanced analytics.
- Analytics for Management: supply chain analytics, finance analytics, marketing analytics, organization/HR analytics.
- Elective courses: short programs for customizing the training path.
The educational program requires the completion of a final project work, which consists either of a curricular in-company internship, supervised by a faculty member, or of a master thesis that will be defended as a final exam.
IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR THE PROGRAM
The International Master in Business Analytics and Big Data is specifically designed for young graduated talents that want to be prepared for the jobs of the future as Business Analyst and Big Data Manager.
Students with 3 or 4-year Bachelor's degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in the areas of Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Science or Statistics from Accredited Institutions are eligible for the program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 13, 2017