Master in Business Analytics: Architecture, Data Exploration, and Optimization, accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, draws on the recognized excellence of our engineering school in business intelligence and has grown from the specializations in Decision Support, Business Intelligence, and Business Analytics. The Master is primarily going to appeal to international students, "free movers" or those from our partner universities or for high-potential foreign engineers who are looking for an international career in the domain of Business Analytics.
This program leads to a Master degree and a Diplôma accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and research.
Business Intelligence and now Business Analytics have become key elements of all companies.
The objective of this Master is to train specialists in information systems and decision support, holding a large range of mathematic- and computer-based tools which would allow them to deal with real problems, analyzing their complexity and bringing efficient algorithmic and architectural solutions. Big Data is going to be the Next Big Thing over the coming 10 years.
The targeted applications concern optimization in the processing of large amounts of data (known as Big Data), logistics, industrial automation, but above all it’s the development of BI systems architecture. These applications have a role in most business domains: logistics, production, finance, marketing, client relationship management.
The need for trained engineering specialists in these domains is growing constantly: recent studies show a large demand for training in these areas.
Distinctive points of this course
- The triple skill-set architecture (BI), data mining and business resource optimization.
- This master will be run by a multidisciplinary group: statistics, data mining, operational research, architecture.
- The undertaking of interdisciplinary projects.
- The methods and techniques taught in this program come from cutting-edge domains in industry and research, such as opinion mining, social networks and big data, optimization, resource allocation and BI systems architecture.
- The Master is closely backed up by research: several students are completing their end-of-studies project on themes from the L@RIS laboratory, followed and supported by members from the laboratory (Ph.D. students and researcher teachers).
- The training on the tools used in an industry dedicated to data mining, operational research, and Business Intelligence gives the students a plus in their employability after completion.
- Industrial partnerships with companies very involved in Big Data have been developed:
- SAS via the academic program and a ‘chaire d’entreprise’ (business chair), allowing our students access to Business Intelligence modules such as Enterprise Miner (data mining) and SAS-OR (in operational research).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 25, 2018