International Executive Master of Football Business
An international postgraduate degree from the University of Brussels - Vrije Universiteit Brussel, organised and coordinated by the International Football Business Institute (IFBI).
Why a degree in football business?
It all starts with a heart for business and a passion for football. The IFBI offers participants a unique executive master to specialize in the football business. During the course, students will have the chance to get in contact with experts working at football clubs, federations, associations and companies. In one-year time, they will have built a global network within the football industry. A key asset of the course is that it allows students to bridge the gap between an academic approach and a real-life work environment within the football industry. We are convinced that our live on-campus classes, where you can meet your lecturers, are crucial to achieving this goal!
Jaideep Chakrabarty Graduate IFBI 16-17
"Have you ever been to Camp Nou? Have you ever walked the halls of FIFA and UEFA? Have you ever watched a European Cup final, LIVE? I have. I dreamt of doing all these things and thanks to IFBI, I have fulfilled all of them. Over the last year, I have had such terrific experiences that I will cherish all my life. Thank you IFBI. You're special."
Why the joint executive master by IFBI and VUB?
During the one year live on-campus course we consider ourselves as one team, all together. At the IFBI we are all part of the team focussing on launching your career in the football industry. Day in and day out, we offer our students the best guidance and lectureships from some of the biggest names in the international football business. Over 90 football executives are teaching you to live all different aspects of the football industry like football hospitality, football finance, football law, football marketing, football management, player agents, ... Furthermore, due to the expertise we have, we can say that the experience tours with visits to stadiums, clubs, leagues and conventions will bring an extra dimension to the learning experience. Next to the experience tours; books, study material, an annual season ticket for public transport, breakfast, lunch, drinks and a tailored suit will be included in the tuition fee.
Trimester 1 (Sep-Dec)
- Football History & Geopolitics
- Football Federations & Associations
- Football Economics
- Football Finance Management
- Football Law & Legislation
Trimester 2 (Jan - Mar)
- Football Management & Ethics
- Football People Management
- Football Marketing & Sponsorship
- Football Customer Relationship Management
- Football Fan Community Management
Trimester 3 (Apr-Jun)
- Football Stadium Technology Management
- Football Quality & Career Management
- Football Medical
- Football Communication Management
- Football Project Management
- Presentation Football Business Project
Klejdi Zenelaj Graduate IFBI 16-17
"I learned how to play football without the ball. Fantastic place to study, fantastic people to work with. One year at this program gave me the network in football industry that I would never imagine. Worth the price, worth the knowledge. Thank you to everybody for the best year of my life."
Our international and itinerant executive master programme in football business finds its home in the University Foundation at the centre of Brussels. This unique location breathes class and style and will give immediately a cosy and warm feeling.
The International Football Business Institute seeks:
- Highly-motivated students with a heart for business and a passion for football;
- With a bachelor or master degree, and the intellectual curiosity and discipline that is necessary to succeed in a demanding environment;
- And those who are fluent in English.
After successfully completing the entire programme, the aim is obviously to require a job in the football industry. The whole year will be filled with opportunities to acquire that goal. You will receive a large number of lectures from people who work in the football industry. It is important to be very active in class and to participate. With a maximum of 25 students, the group will be rather compact and you will all have the opportunity to make a personal connection with the lecturer.
The direction from your career depends on several elements. Your educational background, different language skills and area of interest play a very important role in the decisions you have to take after completing the course. IFBI will, of course, help and guide you to create your destiny. IFBI will give you all the opportunities to get connected with all sorts of people from the football industry and then it is up to you to grab your own chances. If you consider all these things, you will have a big chance to make your way in the football industry.
Still not convinced?
From the first contact with IFBI, we start to guide your career. We will teach you how to do personal branding on social media and become a true professional. After successfully graduating, you not only get an International Executive Master Certificate in Football Business from the Vrije Universiteit Brussel but you'll also have the chance to get a degree in professional Scouting and a certificate in Match Operations. And last but not least, by having partnerships with clubs, federations and associations, IFBI can give you the chance of doing a summer internship after graduation. Of course, you'll understand that everything depends on yourself and how you develop in becoming a professional.
- Degree: International Executive Master in Football Business from Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Duration: One academic year
- Tuition fee: €40,000
- Experience Tours: Two per trimester, six throughout the year (transportation and stay included in tuition fee)
- Number of participants: Limited to 25 worldwide
- Diploma requirement: Bachelor's or master's degree (no specific requirements as to which one)
- Applying: Applications open until next academic year. Limited seats available.
- Language: English
- Number of ECTS credits: 60
- Location: University Foundation in Brussels, Belgium
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018