The Interinstitutional Master's Degree in Livestock Production (MIPPE) is proposed as a research-oriented program that seeks in its students the development of basic and applied research skills that lead to the solution of problems of livestock production, considering beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, goats, poultry (poultry and poultry) and pigs.
The following Universities participate:
- Autonomous University of Aguascalientes
- University of Colima
- University of Guadalajara
- University of Guanajuato
The Lines of Generation and Application of Knowledge are the following:
- Reproduction and Animal Genetics
- Animal health
To fully train postgraduates capable of assisting the solution of livestock problems, using research methods and methodologies that allow them to innovate the processes and products of ruminants, poultry and pigs, in order to increase production and improve the processes of transformation as well as maintaining resources.
The graduate of the Master in Livestock Production according to his training line, will have the following knowledge, skills, attitudes and values.
- He has knowledge about livestock production problems related to the research lines of the program, as well as strategies to solve them and to improve the volumes and quality of livestock products.
- It has tools for the design and development of innovative projects that apply technologies for the solution of livestock problems.
- It manages data collection, organization, analysis and interpretation techniques, focused on research in the area of livestock production.
- It is capable of conducting studies focused on responding to the livestock problem, through research and technology transfer.
- Plans, implements and evaluates different production techniques applied to livestock units.
- Has the ability to work in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary groups.
- It manages the obtaining of resources to make efficient and competitive the systems of production of animals, that allow him his professional development and of the dependency where he works.
- He is an individual with an attitude of openness to knowledge.
- Has a willingness to work as a team.
- Entrepreneur and innovator in research development.
- It is respectful of the environment and guides its professional performance by the principles of the sustainable development.
- Shows responsibility and commitment.
- He is intellectually honest and acts ethically.
- He is dedicated in the development of his work.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
The processes of obtaining the degree will be governed by what is established in the Postgraduate Regulations and applicable regulations of the corresponding institution and include:
- To approve the totality of the credits of the curriculum.
- Defend and approve thesis work, through oral and written presentation.
The time limit for obtaining the degree will be that determined by the corresponding regulation. In the case of Conacyt Fellows, this limit will be 2.5 years counted from the date of registration and admission to the program.