Multilingualism and intercultural competence - develop your leadership potential! Flexible in three study variants The master program Intercultural Communication and Moderation qualifies you for leadership positions and prepares you for complex intercultural tasks in international companies, organizations, and media.
With this interdisciplinary study, you will perfect your foreign language skills at a professional level. The master's program trains your intercultural communication skills and competence through in-depth knowledge of regional and cultural characteristics. They deal with the importance of intercultural communication in companies and organizations and in the areas of marketing and personnel development. Through the study program, you will improve your career opportunities and invest in your professional and personal development.
By completing your studies you are well prepared to lead international teams in the global marketplace.
In addition to the full-time study program, the Master's program Intercultural Communication and Moderation is also offered in two further study variants:
- extra-occupational study (5 semesters)
- Module study (with individually determinable duration of study)
Course of study at a glance
Degree - Master of Arts (MA)
Format of study
- Full-time study - or -
- extra-occupational: weekly attendance events on Saturdays and e-learning modules - or -
- Module study a total of 14 topic modules (individually selectable)
- 3 semesters (including master's thesis) - or -
- 5 semesters (including the Master thesis) - or -
- individually plannable
Start of studies – annually for the winter semester or at any time (module study)
ECTS Credits - 90
- BA graduates of a German or international university
- Graduates of our BA external examination
- Working academics
Languages in study – German, English and second foreign language (freely selectable)
Required language skills
- English at B1 level of the European Reference Framework
- German at B2 level for foreign students
- state-recognized and accredited
- MA degree accredited for the higher service
Your job prospects after graduation
Managers in an international work environment need a sense of the values and attitudes, for the social structures and processes of the different cultures. Intercultural competencies and communication skills have become the key skills in the global job market.
The master program Intercultural Communication and Moderation teaches you the competencies and prepares you for demanding tasks in international companies, organizations and media.
The degree qualifies you for coordinating tasks and leadership activities in an intercultural context. The degree course is accredited for the higher service.
Possible fields of application are:
- International companies, organizations and associations
- International marketing
- International Corporate Communications
- International Project Management
- Global Market Research
- Intercultural personnel support and personnel development
- Training / training on intercultural topics
With special achievement and aptitude you have then the possibility to a dissertation. This is also possible within the framework of cooperations and projects of the University of Applied Languages.
Studying at the University of Applied Languages
Do you want to make languages and communication your profession? Do you see your professional future in an international environment? At the University of Applied Sciences of the SDI Munich, you will find the right degree program. Here a degree provides you with competitive advantages on the global job market: communication skills in several languages, combined with sound knowledge in business, media or technology as well as intercultural competence as the key qualification for a successful career.
The study conditions at a private university guarantee small learning groups and intensive supervision of the students by their lecturers. The SDI Munich is characterized by an international atmosphere and has worldwide contacts thanks to its educational network. Thus, students can gain valuable experience during their studies and get to know the opportunities of the international market.