The Interinstitutional Master's Degree in Protected Agriculture is an educational program created through collaboration between the Autonomous University of Aguascalientes, the University of Colima, the University of Guadalajara, the University of Guanajuato, the Michoacan University of San Nicolás de Hidalgo, the Universidad Autónoma de Nayarit and the Autonomous University of Sinaloa. Through interinstitutional work, it is intended to merge the academic and administrative strengths of each institution, to offer a quality master program that will enable them to train competent professionals in diagnosis, climate, water and nutrient management, innovation and planning, who act in the strengthening of the development of systems for the production of vegetables, strawberries, ornamental crops and nurseries in protected environments.
Protected agriculture is a farming system with extensive production and market advantages compared to traditional systems, as it allows the production of quality products for both the domestic and export markets.
Notwithstanding the importance of this agricultural sector, there are constraints in its development related to insufficient technical assistance and the absence of professional training programs to have qualified human resources in technical, operational, managerial and commercial processes. In this sense, the Inter-Institutional Master's Degree in Protected Agriculture is an educational proposal that aims to boost the development of agriculture in the country.
To train professionals with a high degree of specialization, competitive, able to innovate and apply techniques and technologies in the production systems of vegetables, strawberries, ornamental crops and nursery in mactrotúnel, shade and greenhouse technology, which meet the demands of the fruit and vegetable sector of the region and that contribute to increase quality production through an entrepreneurial attitude, responsible, teamwork and respect for the environment.
The graduate of the Inter-Institutional Masters in Protected Agriculture, will be a professional with technical and scientific bases, competent in the diagnosis; management of climate, water, nutrients, phytosanitary management and safety; innovation and planning, to contribute to the strengthening of the development of systems for the production of vegetables, strawberries, ornamental crops and macro-tunnels, shade houses and greenhouses. The skills of this professional, will enable him to work in protected agriculture enterprises at the production or managerial level, consulting or consulting offices, government programs and self-employment.
In order to achieve a competent professional exercise, the Master in Protected Agriculture must develop the following theoretical, methodological and axiological knowledge.
Knowledge of :
- Legal and normative foundations of the quality manuals to implement programs of good agricultural practices during the production process in greenhouse.
- Technical and scientific bases of the different systems of production in protected agriculture using soil or hydroponic systems.
- Ecophysiological and agronomic principles for the management of protected crops, as well as their phenological phases.
- Biotic and abiotic factors that influence agricultural production in protected environments and their effect on the growth, development and quality of harvested products.
- Standardized procedures for physical and chemical analysis of soil, substrates, water and plant.
- Climatic and nutritional requirements of crops.
- Pressurized irrigation systems, components, as well as manual and automated operation.
- Operation of the cooling and heating systems that can be used in greenhouses, their components and operating costs.
- Design and materials used in the construction of structures for protected agriculture.
- Harvest indicators and factors affecting post-harvest life to maintain the quality of products.
- Distinguish the ideal conditions of pre-cooling and cooling of horticultural and ornamental products.
- Business models and methodologies for economic analysis that allow you to calculate the investment and production costs of protected agriculture systems.
- Commercial management and logistics processes used in the commercial farms of protected agriculture, to raise the competitiveness of the company.
- Aspects related to the management and processes of human resources management and their impact on the different activities that are developed in the productive processes of protected crops.
- Technical principles for the use of specialized software and computer resources for the management of technical and scientific information that allows it to solve problems of production and promote the innovation of products and processes.
- New technologies, automated and robotic systems that exist in the current market for their use in greenhouse production, their advantages, limitations and implementation costs.
- To implement good agricultural practices programs in the production of protected crops, for the production of safe and high quality commercial products, considering the influence of climatic factors on the physiology of crops.
- Improve production through the implementation and evaluation of suitable agronomic management of water, climate, soil, substrates, nutrition and phytosanitary control, in the different phenological stages of the crops.
- Diagnose and intervene in protected production systems knowing the controllable and non-controllable factors.
- Diagnose pests and diseases in crops, apply methods of physical, chemical and biological control and preserve the safety of harvested products.
- Design crop nutrition programs in crops according to their phenological status, based on the results of physical and chemical analysis of water, soil, substrate and plant.
- Estimate the water consumption by the plants according to the requirements of the crops during their phenological phases, based on the production system.
- Select and manage the cooling or heating system, manual or automatic operation in a greenhouse according to the requirements of established crops and cost-benefit ratio.
- Select the type, design and material most suitable for the construction of structures for protected agriculture according to the conditions of the region.
- Apply good postharvest management practices, which allow the preservation of the quality of harvested products, to the final consumer.
- Use an effective logistics system from the harvest of products to the process of selection, packaging and shipment.
- Design and execute technical projects of protected agriculture based on the analysis of the macro and microeconomic environment.
- Elaborate business plans and innovation projects for protected crops that allow to improve and increase productivity and profitability of the company.
- Implement a system of quality certification and traceability of products harvested for export and national markets.
- To determine the personnel requirements to attend to the different tasks of the productive process of protected crops and to implement techniques to improve their performance.
- To manage technical and scientific information, through the use of computer tools, to promote product and process innovation.
- Appropriate software management to operate pressurized fertigation systems and heating and cooling systems in a greenhouse, depending on the requirements of protected crops.
Attitudes and Values :
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to work as a team.
- Professional responsibility and respect for the legality in the use of physical, chemical and biological methods applied to production systems in protected environments, which avoid the deterioration of the environment.
- Creativity to generate alternative solutions to agronomic problems related to crop management.
- Responsibility in decision making, in the management of economic and environmental resources.
- Develop capacity for leadership, respect and impartiality in the management of personnel.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
In order to give flexibility in obtaining the degree, the program raises three options, which respond to the formation of both professionalization of the program and promotion of scientific research.
1. Modality of transfer and technological innovation
Its purpose is to propose a proposal, as a result of theoretical and practical training, which can be oriented to one of the following areas:
- Validation, transfer, and adaptation of technology. It is the process by which the knowledge generated in the research is transmitted in its field of application with the end user.
- Technology of saving and efficient use of water and / or energy. Processes oriented to make efficient the use of water and energy, in the processes of production of protected agriculture.
- Technology package. Set of techniques of technological innovation, to improve the productive conditions of farmers.
- Innovation and development of new products and processes. It has the purpose of validating new technologies in the productive processes of protected agriculture.
- State-of-the-art green technology, green innovation and sustainability and sustainability. It is the incorporation of innovative technologies with low environmental impact, to the productive processes of protected agriculture with the philosophy of sustainability and sustainability of the agro-system.
2. Studies of productivity and competitiveness, new business models
In order to maintain flexibility in obtaining the degree, the program proposes the following options of titling work with respect to studies of productivity and competitiveness, new business models, which respond to the formation of both professionalization of the program and promotion to scientific research.
- 1. Productivity studies: The student will be able to present a final work resulting from a proposal or application of improvement regarding their Business Management systems (Administration, Finance or Marketing) to a company of production or commercialization of products of protected agriculture, being able to obtain the following products.
- Financial viability analysis: A work where a company is proposed to study the feasibility of investment projects in the company, in order to contribute to decision making.
- Commercial viability analysis: A work in which an organization is proposed a study on the commercial viability of a production company or commercialization of protected agriculture, in order to be able to know if the current or potential market performance is adjusted to the needs of the same.
- Proposal or application of commercial strategy: A work will be developed where one intends to develop a proposal to improve commercial strategies that allow companies to position themselves in their current or potential market to increase their performance in the same and allow the achievement of the objectives defined by the company.
- Proposal or application Improvement of management systems: A work will be carried out where a diagnosis was made to identify areas of opportunity for improvement in the management systems of the company, or the application of a proposal developed by the company that supports the current management systems of the organization which will include the various business functions such as financial, marketing, production and human resources.
The thesis is an unpublished, individual research project that aims to demonstrate the acquired knowledge and skills in the use of research methods and techniques, management of sources of information and consultation, as well as argumentative coherence and clarity in the drafting.
About the School
La Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes se ha consolidado como la Máxima Casa de Estudios del estado y se proyecta a nivel nacional e internacional, por su calidad académica, incremento en la oferta ... Read More