- Requirements: Baccalaureate (or equivalent)
- Duration: 6 years (12 semesters)
- Teaching language: Romanian
- Form of studies: Full time
- Professional title for the graduates: Architect
With a 6-year study period, the integrated bachelor and master degree in architecture offers a holistic view of the complex parameters that define the architectural practice. During the 12 semesters, students gain theoretical, esthetical and technological knowledge in both architecture and urban design, as well as from the related and complementary fields of fine arts, human sciences, engineering and technology, all of which provide adequate knowledge to match the demands of the future clients.
The theoretical information gained during each year is linked with real practical activities during summer, when the faculty offers a wide array of choices: different field trips, architecture or urban planning workshops, short-term internships in architectural offices or on selected building sites. All these activities aim to give students a first, unmediated contact with the realities of the architectural field. Students may also apply to study at partner universities or to do internships in offices within the European Union under the Erasmus programme.
The Faculty of Architecture and City Planning in Timisoara emphasizes the interaction and dynamic relationship between teacher and student, focusing on formative education and encouraging individual creativity.
The Diploma project can tackle either a general complex architectural design, a rehabilitation or restoration of an existing building/site or an urban design project.
This full-time campus-based study programme is taught in Romanian. Applicants unfamiliar with the language start by learning Romanian for a year (a list of 25 universities offering specialised courses according to the future field of study is available on request) and then proceed to the actual integrated degree in architecture.
Graduates of the Integrated Degree in Architecture will be eligible to apply for the following:
- Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape and Interior design consultancies
- Real estate consultancies
- Construction & Project Management
- Government offices (Ministries and Municipalities)
- Facility Management
- PhD degrees in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape and Interior design
- Teaching positions in the related discipline
Tuition fees, scholarships and deadlines
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: 4200 RON (approx. 950 EUR)/ academic year
- Citizens of all other countries: 3150 EUR/ academic year
A list of scholarship programmes for prospective and current students is available on request.
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: first round of registrations between July 17th and July 22nd, 2017, admission exam: July 25th (free and technical drawing); a second round of registrations between September 4th and 8th.
- Citizens of all other countries: application deadline on July 30th
Program taught in: