As technology development moves at breakneck speeds, you need to be adept at choosing, using, and applying technology in your elementary and secondary school curricula. Our program gives you the knowledge and hands-on experience to become a master teacher, school or district instructional technology leader, coach, professional developer, or instructional designer.
You’ll learn to adapt and apply technology to enhance the teaching of P-12 curriculum for diverse learners. You will also gain theoretical knowledge and leadership perspectives to provide leadership to guide long-term strategies for technology adoption design and implementation.
Upon successful completion of the nationally recognized and NYSED-approved NYIT program, you’ll be eligible for New York State certification as an Educational Technology Specialist and for permanent or professional certification in your initial certification area. An option for non-certified educators and others interested in technology in teaching and learning is also available.
- Hold a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in basic uses of classroom technology. In the event that they do not have these skills, program faculty will recommend appropriate prerequisite courses to be taken before beginning the program of study.
- International students are required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a minimum score of 6.5 (IELTS) or 88 (TOEFL IBT) for admission.
- British Columbia Teaching Certificate. (Educators, M.S. only)
Submit Required Application Materials
Once you apply online and pay the application fee, please e-mail the following supporting documents to the Vancouver Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of submitted application and application fee.
- Copy of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. Waivers and transfer credits for prior college work will not be awarded without official transcripts and submission of course outlines and descriptions.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores for international students.
- Resume or C.V. (1-2) and Statement of Purpose or Letter of Intent are strongly recommended for students applying for the M.B.A. program.
- Fall 2016: July 1, 2016
- Spring 2017: Nov. 1, 2016
Additional Information for International Students
- International students are required to pay a tuition deposit for the first semester before the issuance of an official letter of acceptance to NYIT-Vancouver's graduate programs. The amount is refundable only if the official proof of a Canadian Study Permit rejection is submitted.
- International students must maintain their full-time status by taking the minimum required credit hours per semester/year. M.B.A. students must take at least 7.5 credits per term (22.5 credits per year) and M.S.-INCS students must take a minimum of 15 credits each year.
Off-Campus and Post-Graduation Work Permits
- International students at NYIT-Vancouver are eligible for off-campus and post-graduation work permits.
Canadian Study Permits
- Obtain a study permit from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). This is for applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Receiving a study permit may take several weeks, so we encourage you to apply in advance.
Cost & Fees
Estimated Tuition Costs
(Non-waivable core 11 required courses + 1 Technical Communications)
Instructional Technology, M.S.
If you want to harness the latest technology for teaching and professional training, choose NYIT-Vancouver’s graduate degree program in Instructional Technology, with tracks for educators or corporate trainers. Instructional technology specialists design and present multidimensional materials for efficient, effective teaching and learning in both educational and professional settings.
A DEGREE THAT WORKS FOR YOU
- Blended delivery methods provide flexibility for those who have already begun a career.
- NYIT’s applied curriculum emphasizes original research. New graduates are ready to apply their skills immediately.
- The program, aligned with the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) standards, boasts community partnerships with local corporations, school districts, and other organizations.
- Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S.
- Instructional Technology, Trainers, M.S.
THE NYIT VANCOUVER ADVANTAGE
- Connecting You to New York and the World
Complete your graduate degree in Vancouver or, if you wish, start here and continue at an NYIT campus in New York City or Abu Dhabi, learning new cultures and expanding your professional network.
- The Best of Both Worlds
NYIT’s master’s programs are accredited in the United States and have the written consent of British Columbia’s Ministry of Advanced Education, allowing you to pursue career opportunities elsewhere in Canada or globally.
About the School
Where better to earn your M.B.A. or Master of Science in Cybersecurity, Energy Management, or Instructional Technology than vibrant Vancouver? Our campus, located in the city center within close proxi ... Read More