Online open day 28th of May!
Register now for our online open day and check out your favourite Bachelor or Master program! During this online open day, lecturers and students will tell you everything you want to know about the study programs, internships and career opportunities. You can also get an impression of the school and studying in Holland!
The International dairy sector
The master's Innovative Dairy Chain Management focuses on the international dairy chain from grass to glass. Graduates of this master contribute to the renewal of professional practice in the dairy chain and bridge the gap between theory and practice. They are capable of mainstreaming, stimulating and implementing technical and organizational changes that lead to increased governance, efficiency, and sustainability of the entire chain. Changing market conditions such as fluctuating milk prices, supply and demand, changing milk quality standards, critical awareness of the society and new technologies are some of the challenges the sector is facing. This master delivers professionals competent and available for the international dairy sector.
The master also focuses on milk processing from the perspective of the chain facilitator working for processing companies, collaborating with stakeholders in the chain or supporting the chain. “Innovative” stands for creativity in dealing with complex situations such as: developing scenarios for the sector as a whole for uncertainties as opposed to traditional advisory services; developing strategies for changing circumstances; innovative technologies in production, processing and in chain governance; and the establishment of farms in new countries or new areas.
Upon graduating, you will be able to:
- Identify innovative needs in (inter)national dairy chain projects and processes.
- Advise on the dairy business development.
- Facilitate dairy chain governance towards sustainability and efficiency.
- Mainstream policy development for inclusive dairy value chains.
- Manage quality assurance in the daisy chain.
- Conduct applied research in a dairy value chain.
- Communicate effectively and convincingly in a varying multicultural sector.
- Apply an independent and creative learning attitude in a continuously changing international business environment.
Graduates from this master are facilitators of change, they facilitate simple and complex change or transition processes in the international dairy sector. Their ambition is the transition towards a sustainable (inter)national dairy chain. This overall role is essential for the three job profiles for which this master is intended:
- Chain professional (e.g. logistic manager, supply chain manager, strategy/policy manager, sales manager, corporate sustainability manager, product & marketing manager, project manager, CSR manager).
- Chain advisor (e.g. nutrition expert, financial expert, technical account manager).
- Visionary farm manager.
Our Master programs are eligible for the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP), formerly the Netherlands Fellowship Programme. The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is targeted at professionals from selected developing countries who, after their studies in the Netherlands, will be able to further develop and strengthen the organizations at which they work.
Would you like to meet us on Skype for more information? Please check our website.
About the School
Are you interested in an English-taught Bachelor or Master's program with a practical approach? Come and study at Van Hall Larenstein, the most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in Holland! ... Read More