Both general and specialized studies
École Polytechnique's Ingénieur Polytechnicien Program is a unique 4-year program: 3 years to obtain the Engineering degree and 1 year to obtain École Polytechnique’s Diploma.
This 4-year curriculum provides students with:
- A multidisciplinary scientific training that gives students a broad scientific base (basic sciences, engineering sciences, social economics).
- A human, military and sports training that allows students to develop their behavioral and relational skills.
- Specialized courses with advanced scientific concentrations that rival the top engineering schools worldwide.
General studies are offered during the first two years of the program, where students acquire a solid scientific foundation in six subjects out of the eight offered by the Academic Departments: Pure and Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mechanics, Economics and Computer Science.
This multidisciplinary education is in large part what gives École Polytechnique graduates their high potential for evolution in their careers. It prepares them to implent soft skills during their careers. Il also prepares them to practice different managing professions. Thus Polytechnicians are well-suited to evolve into high-level positions in management and coordination.
Specialized studies are offered during the third and fourth years of the program.
In their 3rd year, the students may choose a subject or theme among 14 different specialization programs.
For the 4th-year, students may choose from the following options:
- training offered by a government administrative body or organization,
- specialized studies at a partner engineering school
- a Master's program in France or abroad
- doctoral research (PhD)
Learning through research
At least 20% of study time is dedicated to research in the first three years of the Ingénieur Polytechnicien Program.
A cutting-edge research center on their doorstep
Students benefit from an exceptional setting in terms of infrastructures with the research center that boasts over twenty laboratories within the École Polytechnique itself, as well as the partner laboratories at the Plateau De Saclay (European Silicon Valley).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 11, 2018