The Master in Health Psychology from the Pontifical University of Salamanca is an official program that enables for the regulated profession Psychologist General Health, which allows graduates / graduates who own, develop their professional activity or self-employed in the sector sanitary.
The Master in Psychology General Health's main objective is to prepare students as competent professionals in the field of Health Psychology, with a generic profile and training in the skills outlined in the guidelines themselves of the health profession: Psychologist General Health. This preparation involves the acquisition of professional skills assessment, intervention and acquisition of basic skills from a scientific perspective.
The Master is designed as an advanced applied attitudinal training, and specialized in a body of conceptual knowledge, procedural, technical and enable professionals navigate the field of health psychology and practice. Through the contents of this Master it is also intended basic research training and applied to the field of health, as well as critical and reflective capacities that result in an improvement in their professional practice.
It is intended that students acquire the necessary skills to tackle the various problems that may arise in the exercise of the profession of Psychologist General Health, being able to take the necessary autonomy to make decisions for themselves, making use of scientific resources and professional necessary for this purpose.
Students must acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for conducting research, evaluations and psychological interventions on aspects of behavior and activity of the people who influence the promotion and improvement of overall health.
General Health Psychologist
The title covering 90 credits, is organized so that students cover 60 credits in the first academic year (48 theoretical credits and 12 external practices) and 30 in the second year (18 external and 12 work practices to Master ).
Subjects 1st year
- Assessment and diagnosis in General Health Psychology
- scientists and health professionals General psychologist basics
- Basic Skills overall health psychologist
- Psychological intervention in anxiety disorders and depression in adults
- Psychological intervention in health problems
- Psychological intervention in addictions
- Psychological intervention in mental retardation, early care and schizophrenia
- Psychological intervention in aging and dementia
- Community Psychological intervention in labor issues and
- Psychological intervention in problems of children and adolescents
- Psychological intervention in sexual problems, family and couple
- Psychological intervention in personality disorders, fluency and power
- Practicum I
2nd course subjects
- Practicum II
- Master's Thesis
The form of assistance is PRESENCIAL. It has a duration of 90 ECTS and is taught over two academic years. External practices (30 ECTS) will be held between June and December (except August) in health centers with which the UPSA has signed cooperation agreements.
Duration and price
- Two academic years (September 1 June - 60 ECTS, 2nd September to January - 30 ECTS)
- Start Date: September 2016
- Price: 73 € / credit (€ 6,570)
- Places available: 30
- Location: Salamanca
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school offers programs in: