Department МТ9 “Industrial Design” , founded in 2010, provides training for masters in the field of “Industrial Design ”.
Student training is organized in an environment that combines the best traditions of domestic design and modern world trends with the goal of shaping design thinking. The educational policy of the department is determined by experienced practicing designers, members of the Union of Designers of Russia, members of the Union of Artists. Along with the masters, young practicing designers teach at the department, which allows students to get an idea of the various approaches and methods in design design.
The training program for industrial designers is based on technical soil, which ensures direct constant contact with engineering activities. Specialists of the MSTU scientific school conduct engineering disciplines adapted for designers. For this purpose, classrooms have been created at the department on the principle of design studios adapted for conducting diverse classes, which combine interactive lectures with design work, computer modeling, and prototyping. Such an environment promotes a creative atmosphere, allows for the implementation of various stages of design in an integrated manner.
Along with the educational process, the department, together with the collective use center "System Design Design and Prototyping", conducts scientific and experimental design work. Homework, term papers and graduation projects carried out by students are focused on real orders of organizations and enterprises.
Students do internships in companies involved in the development of modern equipment: PK Akvarius, OAO NPP Salyut, OAO AKHK VNIIMETMASH named after Acad. A.I. Tselikova. Graduates of the department work in industrial design studios (Smirnov Design, Art. Lebedev Studio), in design bureaus and enterprises engaged in the development of industrial equipment (ZAO NPO Medpribor, PK Akvarius), as industrial designer.
List of documents for participation in the competition for magistracy
The list of documents submitted is determined by the Admission Rules and includes without fail:
- consent to the processing of personal data;
- personal application for admission of documents for participation in the competition for admission to the magistracy, indicating the name of the majoring department and the direction of preparation of masters (to be completed at the University);
- present a passport , and also provide a copy of it (pages 2 and 3 with personal data);
- the original document of a standard form about higher education and (or) a copy of it ;
- for applicants for targeted education - an agreement on targeted education between the applicant and the state authority of the Russian Federation, local government, institution, enterprise;
- 6 photos 3x4;
- registration certificate / military ID (for young people);
- SNILS - Insurance number of an individual personal account.
In addition to those indicated, applicants have the right to provide documents confirming their individual achievements, giving the right to accrue additional competitive points, or to grant a special right - enrollment without entrance examinations.
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More