The Degree in Urban Management and Planning (PGU) It provides the ability to deepen the theories and techniques of spatial planning and strategic planning for sustainable local and regional development and can learn more about the current state and regional legislation on land use planning, urban planning, land management and urban discipline.
Urban management and planning, and pre unavoidable process of urbanization and construction disciplines are not alienate the profound changes that society is undergoing in recent years. These disciplines make up the territory and also leave their mark on society while evolving with it. To successfully achieve this broad field of action, professionals have formed specifically.
PROFILE OF ENTRY
• University graduates: architects, technical architects, building engineers, Industrial (technical and above) engineers and other graduates of related issues.
• Professionals with professional experience and graduates from other disciplines (graduates in economics, law, geography, etc.) to link their professional activity to urbanism, or that without having a direct link, want to deepen fully and rigorously in practical concepts own theorists and urban management and urban planning.
• Professionals with ability to analyze, develop, evaluate and manage comprehensive processes of urban planning to the building.
• Professionals able to incorporate other disciplines specific analysis, interpretation and presentation of results using technological means at its disposal.
- Responding to the need to train experts in the field of urban management and planning, professionals equipped with skills and knowledge in matters of land planning, implementation planning, financing and control of urbanism.
- Understand and analyze legislative and policy on the legal regime of soil aspects, performance systems, expropriations, strategic and urban planning, technical planning, programming and management of urban planning and policy instruments on land and housing.
- Guide students to organizations, institutions and business sector, which manages and acts on this discipline: local and regional authorities, municipalities, county councils, county councils, planning department and city planning, etc.
The learning methodology is based on a balanced combination of a base of knowledge and expertise and practical application through work, exercises, real-life examples with practical cases, visits to the territory and administrations, etc.
RANKINGS: 4th Masters in Spain at Real State Management sector. Eduniversal Ranking 2015.
- A deep understanding in the general basic concepts of spatial planning and urbanism, and the functioning of public administration and intervention.
- The program allows you to master them planning techniques, management and urban intervention, both from the point of view of municipal managers, as private practitioners.
- You will meet and will apply different systems planning and implementation of territorial and urban planning. The graduate teaches you how to skillfully handle the tools provided by new technologies applied to urban planning and management, especially geographic information systems and relational databases for generating mapping and analysis of local variables.
- You'll expand professional development fields of activity and fundamentarás legal knowledge necessary to be able to strengthen the sector. You know the guidelines and European environmental laws applied to planning and urban and local management.
- You will be able to implement the strategic tools that incorporate environmental control Local Agendas 21, with special attention to the development methodology studies - environmental impact assessments and environmental audits.
- You will realize figures redactarás and planning, land readjustment projects and feasibility studies of urban and real estate projects.
This school offers programs in: