A professional qualification is no longer enough to set you apart. Increasingly, professional qualification holders are looking to upgrade to a Master's degree level after graduation.
With this in mind, LSBF in Singapore is proud to partner the triple-accredited institution, Grenoble Graduate School of Business (GGSB), to provide participants with that desire to boost their existing careers in the financial sector, in such areas as investment and commercial banking.
About Grenoble Graduate School Of Business (GGSB)
One of the few business schools worldwide to have achieved triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. GGSB is consistently among the top 20-30 schools in Europe by Financial Times Ranking.
The school is also regularly ranked by the international press among the best European business schools, especially for its international and intercultural programmes.
The GGSB MSc Finance builds a strong foundation in the theory and practice of making financial decisions in an international environment, so it's ideal for students aiming to work at a senior level in banking, financial services and corporate finance.
The programme is designed and awarded by the Grenoble Graduate School of Business (GGSB) and is ranked 12th worldwide in the 2015 Financial Times Masters in Finance ranking.
Understand the strategic impact of financial decisions:
The mission of the MSc in Finance program is to provide graduates with an advanced knowledge of finance and to prepare them, through an understanding of the strategic impacts of financial decisions, for careers in banking, financial services or corporate finance with international companies at a managerial level. The program covers the fundamentals of finance, as well as advanced topics in corporate finance, financial management, and financial markets.
Develop financial analysis skills
Its aim is to provide students with strong technical and analytical skills in the principles and application of finance, as well as solid industry knowledge and multicultural exposure.
Prepare for a career in the finance sector:
The MSc Finance prepares students for careers in the financial sector such as investment and commercial banking, asset management, financial services and consulting, or for corporate finance positions within international companies at a managerial level. The program provides an excellent preparation for the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) exams, as it is based on the CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and is part of the CFA University Recognition program. It also covers related fields such as management control systems, economics, corporate governance, and private equity investment.
Course Intake & Duration
Course Intake October 2016
Full Time: 24 Months
The programme consists of 4 stages (12 months) followed by a final project (12 months).
Admission Requirements (full programme)
- Bachelors level degree in any subject from a recognised university
- A test of quantitative abilities is required. You may submit one of the following;
- GMAT – A minimum of 70% in the quantitative section is required
- GRE – a minimum of 60% in the verbal reasoning section, 70% in the quantitative section, and 4.0 or above on the analytical writing section are required
- Equivalent qualifications (including international qualifications)
- CFA Level 1 exam with a pass grade
- This test may be waived at the discretion of GGSB Admission Board for candidates that exhibit previous academic excellence from a top-ranked university or business school, especially in quantitative subjects.
Minimum English Language Entry Requirement
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in all areas)
- TOEFL: IBT 94 (minimum of 22 in each band) or TOEFL: CBT 240 or Paper version 587
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Minimum of 63
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam: A, B, C
- English native speaker/Degree obtained in English
The MSc Finance is a two year programme which requires full-time attendance during the first year (coursework), the second year is dedicated to the Final Management Project which can be taken on a full-time basis, or can be done in parallel with an internship or full-time employment.
The MSc consist of the following modules for a total of 120 credits.
The MSc Finance Program includes the following:
- 447 hours of core courses (120 ECTS)
- 2 elective of 24h (10 ECTS) from a choice of 6 electives
- A project proposal (6.5 ECTS)
- A Final Management Project (20 000 words/36 ECTS)
- STP holders: 90%
- Non-STP holders: 75%
For the eventual award of a Master’s degree, the following is required:
- a minimum overall average of 10/20 on the taught part of the program, where no individual module or sub-module mark is below 10/20
- a minimum grade of 10/20 for the Project Proposal
- a minimum grade of 10/20 for the Final Management Project
1 Teacher: 40 Students
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 9, 2019