Food Science Master's Degree
The Master’s degree program in Food Science was created to educate professionals and researchers with deep knowledge in science and food technology, with initiative and creativity that make them able to participate as agents of innovation in academic activities (teaching and research) or inside the productive sector, or being capable of doing a doctoral program in the area of food in Mexico or abroad.
Universidad de las Americas Puebla has developed over the past 15 years, without interruption, research in food science and technology transfer in the region near its facilities. The master's degree program in Food Science is of prime importance for the institutional development due to its socio-economic impact in the region.
Currently, some professors, researchers, and students attached to the program are working on several research projects to solve problems in union with fruit growers from Huejotzingo and the Association of Producers of Nopal from San Bernardino, Tlaxcalanzingo.
This program belongs to the National Register of Postgraduate Degree of CONACYT. This one supports the high level of academic quality and research of the program and enables students to participate in calls for scholarships that this agency promotes.
Our goal is to form Masters of Science with high academic quality capable of supporting basic research projects and/or applied in food science, capable to perform tasks of teaching and scientific diffusion; also being able to use new technologies and adapt or develop technologies for processing and preserving food.
Master’s degree program in Food Science seeks to generate in its graduates a set of features so that they will:
- Learn for themselves, analyze and synthesize information of the Master’s degree in Food Science to solve specific problems and propose viable solutions to match their surroundings.
- Using new technologies and adapt or develop technologies in different areas of Food Science.
- Get jobs by the end of their studies and to retain these jobs through good results for companies, research institutes and universities that employ them.
- Be admitted to doctorate programs in Mexico and abroad.
- Demonstrate domination in spoken and written English.
Last updated January 31, 2018