Read the Official Description
Last updated February 18, 2018
Successfully controlling product development - with the Master's program Fashion and Product Management. From the idea of a fashion product to its launch in the market, it's a long way to go. Changing consumer needs, global competition and the interaction of different sales channels - mono and multi-brand stores, e-commerce and others - require complex corporate structures and systematic processes. In the master's program Fashion and Product Management, you acquire industry-specific know-how and management expertise. In doing so, they learn to cope with the current market conditions of the fashion industry and find innovative solutions - for products and their marketing. The master's program combines a scientific-analytical training with a high degree of practical relevance through business co-operations and workshops with international experts.
Build on already acquired knowledge in the areas of product management and purchasing. With the specialization of this Master's program, acquire the prerequisites to take on specialist and management positions in fashion and lifestyle companies. As a product manager you work closely with the areas of design, procurement, marketing and sales, and turn creative ideas into marketable products. As a buyer, you view the offers of the worldwide suppliers, put together the right assortment for your customers and are responsible for the market and on-time procurement. For both occupational profiles, both economic key figures as well as sound product knowledge and innovative product ideas are of importance. Blocks with face-to-face events, virtual classroom concepts as well as e-learning enable you spatial flexibility and planning security throughout the course of your studies.
* Industry-related areas include textile technology, apparel technology, product management, visual merchandising, fashion marketing, etc.
- A completed first university degree, in which 210 credits have been acquired according to ECTS, in the study program Fashion and Design Management (BA) of the AMD or in one in a comparable sector-specific business studies program at other universities.
- Content requirements
- Business Administration 22 ECTS
- Marketing 8 ECTS
- Sector-relevant subjects * 10 ECTS
- An internship or professional activity in fashion companies amounting to at least 6 months.
- Passing an aptitude test.
- Proof of English language proficiency at least at level B 2 of the European Framework of Reference.
This school offers programs in: