Executive Master of IT Governance and Assurance
Information Technology (IT) has made its way into current dynamic and fierce business environments. More and more educated and assertive stakeholders are concerned about the governance, risk and compliance (GRC) challenges regarding IT. They now focus on how business benefits can be realized by IT-enabled innovation and how IT-related business risks will be diminished.
Regardless of the many available models and frameworks, organizations still struggle with the challenge of turning these ideas into practice. As there are no simple solutions, organization are looking for advanced expertise grounded in research.
In order to meet this demand, Antwerp Management School and Maastricht University School of Business & Economics have established a unique co-operation to offer this state-of-the-art “Executive Master in IT Governance and Assurance”.
Why follow this program at Antwerp Management School?
Both small and large organizations are on the lookout for talented IT governance and assurance professionals. These specialists understand, establish and evaluate the necessary leadership and organizational structures and processes that ensure that IT sustains and expands the enterprises objectives and strategies. These professionals require an in-depth understanding of IT governance and assurance and have to capabilities of integrating IT governance within the overall organization.
This program’s objective is educating the next generation leaders in IT governance and assurance. This international program continues where the applied research of Antwerp Management School (IT Alignment & Governance (ITAG) Research Institute) and Maastricht University School of Business & Economics left off. This program offers sustainable, innovative and grounded concepts with proven practical applications.
Antwerp Management School offers the only master degree program on business and technology accredited by NVAO and AACSB, compliant with E-Competence Framework, Euro CIO, ISACA – making it the best value in Benelux.
Alumni of this program now hold leading positions in the IT governance and assurance profession.
What can you expect?
Content level: deepening expertise
After attending this program
- You will have a broader and deeper understanding of general management and IT governance, management and assurance
- You will be able to identify and communicate IT related business value opportunities and risks of the organization
- You will be able to prepare and make management decisions in the field of audit, control, security and governance of IT
- You will be able to develop and execute IT related governance, management and audit/assurance projects
- You will be able to apply the international IT governance and assurance framework COBIT 5
- You will be able to deliver a master project that is relevant for your daily work
- You will be prepared to successfully obtain professional certifications such as CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT) and CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control);
- You will be awarded an official and internationally accredited Antwerp Management School masters’ degree and a University Certificate of the Maastricht University School of Business & Economics.
Dublin Descriptors and Learning outcomes Executive Master of IT Governance and Assurance
Starts: 28th of September 2017
Duration: 2 years, part-time
In-class sessions are organized every 3 weeks in blocks of 2 days: Thursday from 14:00 - 22:00) and Friday from 09:00 - 17:00).
€ 21000 (VAT exempted)
Includes: documentation, books and residential opening seminar.
Antwerp Management School
Applicants should hold a masters’ degree (or an equaled by sufficient working experience) and have at least 3 years of working experience.
The master degree “Master of IT Governance and Assurance”, is officially acknowledged by the Flemish Community and will be awarded upon successful completion of the program. The program is AACSB and NVAO accredited and alumni can demonstrate their “Msc” (master of science) title. In addition, you receive a University Certificate of Maastricht University School of Business & Economics.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2017