ISEM Fashion Business School, the center of the University of Navarra in Madrid, is the first business school specialized in fashion companies that exist in Spain, since 2001.
ISEM Fashion Business School offers the only official Executive Master in Fashion Business Administration. This postgraduate degree is approved by the Ministry of Education and is valid throughout the European Union, in accordance with the new European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
The program is a cutting-edge response to the needs of the market, constantly changing and with daily news in the economic press. The fashion industry increasingly demands professionals with specific management skills and a global vision of fashion in its broadest concept (luxury industry, textile, jewelry, leather goods, accessories, cosmetics, and fragrances).
The Executive Master in Fashion Business Administration (FBA) is the only official fashion business master that exists in Spain. It is aimed at professionals or university graduates with experience in any industry or sector, with a proficiency level in English and interested in the fashion sector from a business point of view.
Students applying for the program in Fashion Business Administration should have the capacity for learning and the intellectual ambition sufficient for acquiring the knowledge and tools that will help them to function effectively as an executive or entrepreneur in the fashion industry. This sector demands professionals with specific management skills and a global vision of fashion in its broadest concept (luxury industry, textile, jewelry, leather goods, accessories, cosmetics, and fragrances).
As an Executive program, the classes take place on Friday afternoons and on Saturday mornings, at our new headquarters (C / Marquesado de Santa Marta, 3. Madrid). All classes and lectures are taught in English, as intended to lead the opportunity to internship or work at a fashion job.
- 60 ECTS credits
- 55 seats
- 10 months
The Executive Fashion MBA, with a total of 60 ECTS, combines MBA courses, taught by professors of the IESE Business School and the University of Navarra through the case method. It also includes specific fashion courses, developed by prestigious fashion business executives.
The program includes academic stays at the Bocconi University in Milan and the Institute Français de la Mode in Paris.
The academic program for the Executive Master in Fashion Business Administration is structured by areas focused on the fashion business from a global point of view and a general direction. This program’s central focus is the planning of a collection from the raw material to the sale of the product in the store.
The general objective of the Executive Master in Fashion Business Administration (FBA) is the professional improvement in the performance of the directive tasks of the people who study this program. To do this, the student is expected to acquire:
- The knowledge is necessary to perform management tasks with professional competence in the fashion sector.
- The key skills to perform management tasks.
- Management attitudes and capacities, such as the desire for achievement, the capacity to integrate, the prospective, the sense of change, the promotion of innovation, the imagination, the sense of action, etc.
- To integrate the legitimate interests of all their individuals into the current globalized and complex societies.
- Develop problem-solving thinking. Get used to thinking critically and propose creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to use information and knowledge effectively: be able to identify and effectively treat information relevant to the job. Achieve exhaustive management of information sources, data collection, the contrast of facts and realities.
- Develop personal management skills: prioritize objectives, program activities appropriately and execute them in the foreseen term, handle well the capacity of criticism, reflection, time management, sensitivity to diversity in people, in situations, and in cultures, and the ability to continue learning through experience.
- Achieve effective performance in teamwork environments. Develop the ability to foster an environment of collaboration, communication, and trust among team members; as well as to diagnose, face and resolve interpersonal conflicts without damaging the personal relationship.
- Develop communication skills: listen and transmit ideas effectively, using the right channel at the right time, base your observations and conclusions with concrete data.
- Develop negotiation skills: reach satisfactory agreements for the parties involved, discovering or creating elements that produce added value to the relationship.
- Develop entrepreneurial initiative and behavior skills, initiating and promoting the necessary changes with energy and personal responsibility.
- Develop the ability to acquire new knowledge, modify habits and be open to change.
- Be able to recognize and deal with ethical dilemmas and social responsibility in an appropriate manner, applying deontological principles and organizational values to the situations and options that are presented.
- Develop business leadership not only as a matter of knowledge, technology or charisma, but becoming aware that it also feeds on generosity, creativity, enthusiasm, and example through their own behavior as well as the ability to create a climate of trust among collaborators.
The fashion industry demands professionals with a solid formation that favors the analytical and management capacity, as well as a constant updating in the market trends and consumer habits.
The success in the management of fashion companies lies in the development of a business model capable of responding to consumer demand, which seeks novelty and innovation every day. Companies have to align their strategy with the demand of their customers so that all their operations respond to this demand.
Our more than 800 alumni are working in different reference companies in the industry and many of them have developed their own business.
Artem Beliaikin / Pexels
Throughout the Program, students have the opportunity to clarify their interests, abilities, values and management style that define their professional objectives. For this, they have the individual and personalized support of the ISEM team, to orient or, where appropriate, reorient their professional careers and, in short, to be incorporated into the fashion industry sector in its broadest sense.
Once the program is finished, ISEM maintains permanent contact with its Alumni. The Corporate Development department is still available to its former students to help them enter the market as well as to develop their professional careers in new companies.
The students of the Executive Master in Fashion Business Administration must have the capacity of learning and the sufficient intellectual restlessness to acquire knowledge and tools that help them carry out administrative tasks in the fashion industry.
To that end, they must have a clear interest in developing skills such as:
- Negotiation skills (business vision, customer orientation, resource management, negotiation, etc.).
- Interpersonal skills (communication, conflict management, delegation, teamwork, etc.).
- Personal skills (proactivity, initiative, tenacity, personal management, time management, information management, stress management, personal improvement, self-criticism, self-knowledge, learning, self-government, balance, integrity, etc.).
- Be a university graduate, engineer, architect or graduate.
- Professional experience.
- English proficiency.
Given the limited number of slots, we recommend that you start the admission process with time.
About the School
The University of Navarra is based on the Christian inspiration promoted by St. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer, the founder of Opus Dei. Its mission is to seek and present the truth; contribute to the ... Read More