Successful participants will graduate with an Executive Master’s degree from HBKU and will be eligible to receive a certificate of completion from HBKU’s two participating partner universities: Texas A&M University, and HEC Paris.
This program brings together leading international experts from multiple disciplines and from the faculty of HBKU and its partners.
Graduates of the program are equipped to:
- Implement effective strategic decisions and manage their operations based on a global understanding of issues in the field of energy and resources (E&R).
- Develop and implement multi-sided, analytical approaches and solutions to complex E&R issues.
- Become visionary leaders and innovators.
- Establish relationships with specialists in various managerial functions.
Program participant profiles:
- High-potential managers and executives who hold a bachelor’s degree and work in IOCs, NOCs, OEM suppliers, power companies, energy-intensive industries, the petrochemical industry, banking, consulting, government, NGOs, etc.
- Open to participants from all over the world with a global mindset and professional proﬁciency in English
- a 350-hour modular program, structured across eight 6-day modules. The teaching part of the program spans a period of 16 months and is followed by the preparation of a capstone paper.
- All modules are face-to-face and classroom-based taught in English and take place at HBKU in Doha, Qatar.
All program participants will be taught by faculty members of HBKU and its partner universities, who are leading scholars and researchers in their fields, or by experts working in the field of energy and resources.
Modules consist of a number of courses that incorporate academic presentations, simulations, and case studies.
The capstone project completes the program, with applicants working individually or in groups, applying their newly acquired skills to identify and address a strategic issue facing the E&R sector.
Admission & Application Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to the Executive Master in Energy and Resources program must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution. They must also have a strong undergraduate academic record with significant professional and leadership experience.
Applicants are required to take the IELTS or TOEFL exam in order to demonstrate their proficiency in English. Applicants can be exempt from this requirement if they meet one of the conditions listed below:
- The applicant completed their undergraduate studies at an institution in a country where English is the native language.
- The applicant provides an official letter from the university where they completed their undergraduate studies confirming that they obtained their degree from an institution where the medium of instruction is English (if not otherwise exempt).
- The applicants’ first language is English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 28, 2017