Executive Master in Educational Management (EMEM)
Credits Required: 42
The Executive Master of Arts Degree in Educational Management will dynamically change the educational management leadership landscape. It provides human, technical, administrative and organizational values and skills necessary for first-rate performance. The curriculum is structured to provide incremental exposure to the foundation and advanced courses integrated around core themes of Management, Leadership, Creativity, and Innovation. Participants must first complete Foundational courses before core courses are pursued.
The Executive Masters Degree in Educational Management offered, will dynamically change the educational management leadership landscape of Jamaica, the Caribbean, and international communities. It provides human, technical administrative and organizational skills and values necessary for first-rate performance. The curriculum is structured to provide incremental exposure to the foundation and advanced courses integrated around core themes of Management, Leadership Creativity, and Innovation. A wide variety of learning methods is used for EMEM from formal lectures, case study analysis, seminars and class presentations. The programme requires extensive private study and research inquiry on the part of the students. Study and learning in the EMEM are broadly interactive processes with emphasis on the value student participation brings to the classroom. The strategy is to encourage and facilitate both effective self-reflection and the sharing of ideas among participants.
The programme commences with Summer Foundational courses and covers 42 credits over twenty (20) months period.
The EMEM is dedicated to meeting the needs of school administrators and other leadership personnel such as:
- Vice Principals;
- Senior Personnel in schools, colleges, universities and other government and corporate agencies;
- Classroom Teachers with aspiration for leadership.
The programme is scheduled for a period of twenty (20) months, part-time.
Students shall normally register for a minimum of six credits per semester.
The programme is delivered through the blended learning mode on both The Mico University College Campus and the Mona School of Business University of the West Indies Campus.
- A Completed admission application form, including a JA$500.00, non-refundable application fee made payable to The Mico University College.
- Official Transcripts from all previously attended colleges and Universities.
- Proof of valid bachelor's degree.
- Current Employment record.
- Two letters of recommendation from an administrator or other who can attest to the applicant's performance and attitude to work.
- Written one page paper of intent and statement on "What it means to be a Leader in an Organization, in this Era."
About the School
MICO UNIVERSITY COLLEGE is registered by the University Council of Jamaica ( UCJ ) to provide teacher education at the graduate degree level. It should be noted that this programme is approved by the ... Read More