The financial sector is full of stimulating job opportunities. Moreover, both large and small companies need and seek managers with a solid financial background. For this reason, we have created a program that provides a comprehensive view of the financial world, both in its business aspect and in the banking and finance sector.
Professionals and managers who work in the financial management of companies, financial departments, banking, and financial markets, as well as non-expert professionals from outside the financial world who need a solid financial base in order to progress in their professional career with guarantees.
The master's degree is aimed at people who wish to work in the following fields: financial departments of large companies or family businesses (finance, administration, management control, treasury, etc.), investment management (asset management, private banking, real estate investment, family office, insurance companies, collective investment funds, hedge funds, venture capital funds or seed capital, etc.), commercial banking (retail, corporate and business banking, consumer finance, etc.), investment banking (corporate finance, structured financing, securities and derivatives brokerage, trading, research, etc.), public banking (development banks, multilateral financial institutions), rating, consultancy or financial advice agencies.
The program consists of 8 modules.
1. Financial fundamentals
- Financial accounting; management accounting; financial analysis.
- Quantitative techniques (basic financial mathematics and statistics); Financial modeling in Excel.
- Fundamentals of economics.
2. Financial management and management control
- Analysis of financial statements and reporting standards; financial planning and control; performance measures and balanced scorecard.
- Management of working capital; treasury control and management; bank financing and short, medium and long-term sources of financing.
- Budget, strategic plan, financial forecasts, and scenario analysis.
3. Corporate Finance
- Financial function and value creation; models for the assessment of investment projects; project financing.
- Financing decisions and capital structure; leverage and dividend policy; debt restructuring.
- Valuation of companies; corporate operations (mergers and acquisitions, LBOs, venture capital, seed capital, etc.).
4. Economic Context
- Strategic sectors; financial system and sector; public banking, development banking, and multilateral institutions.
- Monetary and fiscal policy; analysis of countries and geopolitical risk.
- Economic indicators and financial markets; financial crises and economic cycles.
5. Financial Instruments
- Money market; fixed income and rating and interest rate risk analysis.
- Equity, fundamental and technical analysis; hybrid financing products.
- Alternative investments (unquoted credit, real estate, commodities, metals, foreign exchange, hedge fund investment strategies, etc.).
6. Financial markets
- Non-bank financing; traditional and alternative markets; agents; regulation; taxation.
- Issue of securities; securities brokerage; trading.
7. Quantitative finance and derivatives markets
- Introduction to derivatives (futures, options, and swaps); functioning of futures and derivatives markets; equity derivatives.
- Foreign exchange: spot and forward transactions and foreign exchange risk management; interest rate market and interest rate risk management; commodity derivatives.
- Credit derivatives; structured products; market risk and VAR; framework and collateral contracts.
8. Investment Management
- Portfolio management: strategies and asset allocation; construction and valuation of portfolios and performance measurement; risk analysis.
- Collective investment; private banking and asset management.
The program will be run in a highly practical way, applying theoretical concepts and methodologies to the challenges and problems of today's financial world. For this purpose, the teaching staff will be made up of executives from the business and financial world.
After completion of the program, students will have the methodological and practical tools and techniques necessary to work as a financial expert; participants will have developed the analytical and decision-making skills, as well as the managerial skills (leadership, change management, negotiation, effective presentations, ethical considerations, etc.) necessary to face the challenges of their professional career successfully, and will have gained in-depth knowledge of the main branches of financial activity:
- financial management,
- corporate finance,
- banking and investment,
- markets and financial instruments.
- Application for admission + documentation
- Admission test
- Personal interview
- Admissions Committee
Application for admission + documentation:
Complete an application form accompanied by the following documents:
- Copy of National Identity Card/Foreigners Identity Card/Tax Identification Number (DNI/NIE/NIF) or Passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- University degree certificate and academic record
- One photograph
The Admission Test consists of a set of multiple-choice questions in which numerical agility, verbal agility, and text compression are assessed. This test can be done in person at our facilities or online.
In the personal interview, the candidate's personal and professional objectives are discussed, as well as their suitability for the program.
The admissions committee will make an assessment and inform the candidate in writing of the admission result within two weeks.
Program taught in: