This Environmental Sciences program provides you with an elevated qualification and specialization in the following fields:
- the application of investigative methodologies and the design of recovery operations and environmental rehabilitation;
- the evaluation of environmental resources;
- the regional management and planning of coastal marine systems;
- the evaluation and management of climate change issues and the dynamics of the Earth system as well as environmental interest technologies and cleaner products and processes.
The program incorporates both laboratory and field experiments of an interdisciplinary nature and offers international internship opportunities. You also produce a final thesis.
Through a broad range of lectures and laboratories held both on the university campus and in the field, the program's study plan prepares you to be a professional capable of working in the prevention, diagnosis, evaluation, management and/or resolution of environmental problems, whether locally, nationally or globally.
The program offers you three paths, or curricula, to choose from:
- Global Change and Sustainability (fully taught in English)
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services (taught in Italian)
- Monitoring and Environmental Rehabilitation (taught in Italian)
The English-taught curriculum dedicated to Global Change and Sustainability focuses on preparing you to analyze major changes on a global scale, with particular reference to climate change. The program combines bio-ecological, oceanographic, climatological, paleo-climatic, socio-economic aspects and statistical analysis and environmental modelling tools, providing an integrated interpretation of the reality of the global changes taking place during the current geological age. Thanks to this approach, you acquire the tools you need to predict and evaluate future scenarios of change as well as plan actions designed to mitigate impact.
LAUNCHING YOUR CAREER
As a graduate, you will be a highly qualified specialist capable of tackling the prevention, diagnosis and resolution of environmental issues thanks to the multi-disciplinary skill set with which this program will have equipped you. You will be ready to assume a position of responsibility in project and facilities management, and some possible career paths include:
- Environmental change expert
- Agriculture and forestry management expert
Come graduate in Piazza San Marco with us!
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND ADMISSION
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. You therefore need to have:
- a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Biotechnologies; Biology; Agriculture and Forestry; Environmental Sciences; or Earth Sciences
- 60 ECTS in selected study fields
For more specific information, please check the program's official web page or contact us!
- For the English-taught Global Change and Sustainability curriculum, you need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- For the Italian-taught curricula, you must have a certified B2-level knowledge of both Italian and English.
- A Teaching Committee must assess your CV to make sure you have adequate personal preparation.
TO APPLY, VISIT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PLATFORM APPLY.UNIVE.IT!
FEES AND FUNDING
Depending on your nationality, the fees range from 700 to 2100 Euros. To know how much your fee would be, contact us!
For high-achieving international students, Ca' Foscari offers:
- renewable tuition fee waivers
- one-time scholarships of €5,000
The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.
Life at Ca' Foscari is both rewarding and stimulating thanks to a wide range of activities and events organized by the university as well as the students themselves. You can get involved in student clubs and sports, as well as take advantage of everything the city itself has to offer, from international cultural events to some of the world's most beautiful art and architecture. Plus, if you choose to live in Venice's historic center, you'll surely enjoy living locally and sustainably thanks to the fact that distances are manageable and there are no cars or traffic to compete with.
To get an insider's perspective, why not book an online chat with a current international student?
Also be sure to check out our international student Instagram account, @studentlifeinvenice for a window onto life at Ca' Foscari!
About the School
Originally established as Italy’s first business school in 1868, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is now a multidisciplinary institution offering a wide range of study programs in economics and manage ... Read More