Why this course?
From the largest global corporations to more traditional public sector bodies, organisations are looking for individuals who possess both the mindset and skills to 'think and act entrepreneurially'.
Delivered over a 12-month period, the MSc is a highly practical, career-focused programme that addresses the global demand for talented entrepreneurs and those working for and managing entrepreneurial ventures.
The ethos of the course is that rigorous, cutting-edge, theoretical knowledge must be combined with a special focus on developing the practical skills required to engage successfully in entrepreneurial activity.
As a student, you'll be part of one of Europe’s leading technological universities and will have deep engagement with a dynamic innovation ecosystem through business competitions, guest lectures and field visits.
There are three distinct components to the degree:
- the focus on advanced management & leadership practice, delivered with the Department of Strategy & Organisation
- covering key entrepreneurial topics such as creativity, business modelling, financial analysis & selling
- an applied project where you'll work on an innovation challenge that allows you to put your learning into practice
Our Virtual Incubator Project will help you apply the tools and techniques developed throughout the degree programme to work on a real-world innovation challenge. Using an innovative virtual platform, Jamii, participants will work with the world-leading Canadian technology cluster ecosystem and will go through a stage-gate model of developing and pitching their solution to potential investors.
Students will be assessed on this module by their portfolio of submitted work.
First- or second-class Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in any discipline.
Graduates from the MSc Entrepreneurial Management & Leadership are expected to find employment in a variety of exciting roles. This may involve:
- establishing a startup
- working in an entrepreneurial ecosystem support role (e.g. public agency)
- taking over a family business
- working for a high-growth SME
- taking a leadership role in a large corporation
- working for a leading consultancy
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018