The renewable energies are important for environmental protection. In WB the contribution of water energy is relatively good. The other renewable energies are up to now nearly not used. So the improvement of higher education here is needed. Renewable energy is highly important for the future economy in the partner countries in the Western Balkan region with limited energy resources in a growing economy and with the related environmental problems. Thereby existing studies are upgraded and new Master studies introduced, which are covering the whole field of renewable energy and management.
The study program in Energy Management and Sustainability Development will be developed under special consideration of the specific and combined aspects of energy, environment, economy, and legislation. It will address the issue of developing sustainable energy systems in a period of profound and rapid change of national and regional energy markets. The different renewable energy systems such as water and tide, wind, solar energy, chemical energy, geothermal energy, biomass, and biogas will be integrated into several courses. Highly important is the integration of economy to analyze the affordability of the different systems and the time scale for the realization of a special affordable energy system. Thereby the storage of energy in a battery or as potential or chemical energy gets a new dimension.
Many renewable energy systems are not permanently available and depend on the climate conditions or the day and night problems. Candidates with a different background such as mechanical, electrical, civil, geological, environmental and IT engineering, or economical and natural sciences may apply for this Master program.
The program will focus on the legislative and economic frameworks in partner countries and EU to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy.
The wider objective is, therefore, the reform of the studies in the partner universities in the field of energy. The specific program objectives are the establishment of new M. Sc. studies on renewable energy and management.
The new M.Sc. studies are the basis for the creation of a network of national and international universities and industry in analogy to very effective solutions in Norway.
The program aim is to provide a solid background in the field of sustainable energy systems, both by illustrating the framework and mechanisms, which govern energy systems and markets and by developing technical knowledge of the most important energy efficient and renewable energy.
- Ability to develop and implement original and creative ideas to ensure qualitative Energy Management and Sustainable Development;
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge and demonstration of specialized competencies in Energy System Analysis, Renewable Energy Technology, Advanced Energy Technologies, Energy Management and Efficiency, etc;
- Having the knowledge and understanding of the areas environment engineering, electro-technical engineering, mechanical engineering as well as computer science;
- Has knowledge of one or more areas of the environmental engineering industry that can qualify students as experts on the application of knowledge in a given area.
Applying knowledge and understanding
- Ability to critically, independently and creatively solve problems in new and previously never encountered environments with no previous experience in industry;
- Planning, management, and evaluation of independent research in the field of energy technologies and their analyses, and implementation of appropriate tools for testing, simulation, and implementation;
- Creativity and originality in the interpretation of the knowledge from science to solve problems related to the objectives of the energy management and energy engineering area.
- The ability for creative integration and synthesis of knowledge from several areas in the environmental engineering field, and administration processes and systems using IT tools designed and created for a specific issue. Creating educational processes using computer tools and techniques;
- Ability to deal with complex situations associated with specific processes;
- Ability to identify appropriate specialized instances and making sound judgments in situations of lack of complete information or data based on personal, social and ethical principles and responsibilities associated with the application of knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to share findings and proposals with rational argument and reliance on them as a professional, and with unskilled people clearly and unambiguously;
- Taking responsibility considerable with shared outcomes; running and initiating activities.
- Ability to identify individual needs and directions for individual and autonomous and its performance independently and autonomously in the usual information and quality assurance field;
- Ability to take responsibility for continued private study in specialized areas within the networked economy
- Ability to take responsibility for further professional development and training.
List of courses
- Scientific Research Methodologies (6.0 ECTS)
- Energy and Environment (6.0 ECTS)
- Elective course 1 (6.0 ECTS)
- Free elective course (6.0 ECTS)
- Elective course 2 (6.0 ECTS)
- Advanced Energy Technologies (6.0 ECTS)
- Energy Management and Efficiency (6.0 ECTS)
- Smart Grid (6.0 ECTS)
- Elective course 3 (6.0 ECTS)
- Elective course 4 (6.0 ECTS)
- Sustainable Development (10.0 ECTS)
- Energy System Analysis (10.0 ECTS)
- Renewable Energy Technology (10.0 ECTS)
- Master Thesis (30.0 ECTS)
About the School
South East European University (SEEU) is private, public, not for profit higher education institution, consisting of faculties, centres and institutes as its integral part, specialized in socio-econom ... Read More