Our hands-on program prepares you for an exciting career in energy and facilities management and security. The far-reaching curriculum includes green buildings, power systems, and environmental issues, including:
- advanced battery and fuel cell technologies
- alternative energy
- environmental audits and monitoring
- environmental risk assessment
- facilities operation
- power plant systems
- smart grid systems
- solar energy technology
- systems engineering and management
Complete this program at NYIT-Old Westbury, in Manhattan, in Vancouver, or fully online. Weekend and evening courses are offered.
- Hold a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university, within the field of Engineering and/or Science.
- In special circumstances other majors, including Economics, Management, Architecture or Liberal Arts may be considered with a minimum set of following pre-requisite courses:
- PHYS-115 Humanity and the Physical Universe (3 credits)
- ECON-101 Basic Economics (3 credits)
- IENG-245 Statistical Design I (3 credits)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.85 (on a 4.0 scale).
- International students are required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a minimum score of 6.5 (IELTS) or 88 (TOEFL IBT) for admission.
- Take the GRE at the discretion of the department.
Submit Required Application Materials
Once you apply online and pay the application fee, please e-mail the following supporting documents to the Vancouver Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Copy of submitted application and application fee.
- Copy of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. Waivers and transfer credits for prior college work will not be awarded without official transcripts and submission of course outlines and descriptions.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores for international students.
- Resume or C.V. (1-2) and Statement of Purpose or Letter of Intent are strongly recommended for students applying for the M.B.A. program.
- Fall 2016: July 1, 2016
- Spring 2017: Nov. 1, 2016
Additional Information for International Students
- International students are required to pay a tuition deposit for the first semester before the issuance of an official letter of acceptance to NYIT-Vancouver's graduate programs. The amount is refundable only if the official proof of a Canadian Study Permit rejection is submitted.
- International students must maintain their full-time status by taking the minimum required credit hours per semester/year. M.B.A. students must take at least 7.5 credits per term (22.5 credits per year) and M.S.-INCS students must take a minimum of 15 credits each year.
Off-Campus and Post-Graduation Work Permits
- International students at NYIT-Vancouver are eligible for off-campus and post-graduation work permits.
Canadian Study Permits
- Obtain a study permit from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). This is for applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Receiving a study permit may take several weeks, so we encourage you to apply in advance.
An NYIT degree is your passport to an exciting future in an in-demand field. Possible career opportunities for graduates with this degree include:
- Energy auditor
- Energy manager
- Environmental manager
- Facilities manager
- Renewable energy professional
Cost & Fees
Estimated Tuition Costs
(Non-waivable core 10 required courses + 1 Technical Communications)
*Amount does not include other college fees or the tuition fee for any pre-requisite or bridge courses that may be required. Such courses, if required, will be taken from one of NYIT’s partner institutions in Vancouver and tuition fees for those courses will be paid to that partner institution.
Energy Management, M.S.
Prepare to plan and implement strategies for maximizing energy efficiency. As an energy engineer with you will possess customized skills needed around the world, you can become a leader in managing emerging energy technologies and facilities.
A DEGREE THAT WORKS FOR YOU
- The curriculum emphasizes hands-on preparation and original research.
- Create energy solutions for regional and local environments.
- Learn from highly qualified instructors who bring real-life experience to the classroom.
THE NYIT VANCOUVER ADVANTAGE
- Connecting You to New York and the World
Complete your graduate degree in Vancouver or, if you wish, start here and continue at an NYIT campus in New York City or Abu Dhabi, learning new cultures and expanding your professional network.
- The Best of Both Worlds
NYIT’s master’s programs are accredited in the United States and have the written consent of British Columbia’s Ministry of Advanced Education, allowing you to pursue career opportunities elsewhere in Canada or globally.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 21, 2018