Dual Master’s Degree with the State University of Koblenz-Landau (Germany)
Our master’s degree pursuers now have the opportunity to sign up for the brand-new Cooperative Master’s Degree Program developed jointly with the State University of Koblenz-Landau (Germany).
The Program offered by Ukrainian-American Concordia University (ConcordiaUA) jointly with the University of Koblenz-Landau combines the following:
- Master of International Management + MBA – from ConcordiaUA;
- Master of Science in Information Management with a Major in Entrepreneurship, Technology and Innovation Management(ETI-M) – from the University of Koblenz-Landau.
The Program offers students a chance to study in an international environment, gain knowledge and skills from both partner universities, based on the common concept of complementary curricula. The students will, for example, study the first phase at ConcordiaUA, then they will take part in online modules as part of the general blended learning concept for the major of ETI-M, provided via distance learning from the University of Koblenz-Landau in the second phase. On completion, successful students will potentially achieve master’s degrees from ConcordiaUA in Ukraine and Koblenz-Landau in Germany.
The students are guided by their professors and tutors via an online platform (Moodle), and they can get in touch with both during online consultation times, as well as with other students. It might also be the case that the online lectures will be accompanied by on-site lectures at their home university. At the end of this program, students have to write their master thesis, which will normally be supervised by two professors: one from their home university, and one from the University of Koblenz-Landau.
50–70% of the courses are to be taken at ConcordiaUA. To be eligible for a Ukrainian state diploma, all students pursuing a master’s degree within the Program must do a research project and a presentation, defend the master’s thesis and pass the final state certifying assessment (sit the state examinations).
30–50% of the courses are studied at Uni KO-LD.
The master’s thesis and colloquium are completed under the joint supervision of Uni KO-LD and ConcordiaUA.
On completion, successful graduates will obtain three diplomas:
- Uni KO-LD Diploma:
- MBA Diploma from ComcordiaUA (accredited by FIBAA);
- Ukrainian State Diploma – Master of International Management – from ConcordiaUA (provided they complete the program according to the national requirements, i.e. successfully pass state evaluation).
All students taking part in the cooperative master degree program have to officially register at the Uni KO-LD in order to attend the studies as described above and must obtain German health insurance for the entire period of their studies. As state universities don’t charge any tuition fees, students are to pay only a reasonably low administration fee applicable.
Students signed up for the cooperative program can take a short-term internship in Germany in order to explore and gain deeper insights into the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Koblenz. Groups of at least ten students are liable for this internship, organized by the University of Koblenz-Landau.
Dual and Exchange Programs at ConcordiaUA
Every year our Bachelor and Master students participate in a number of Dual and Exchange Programs:
- University of Minnesota Crookston (USA)
- University of Koblenz-Landau (Germany)
- University of Occupational Safety Management in Katowice (Poland)
- Concordia University Wisconsin/Ann Arbor (USA)
- Concordia University – Wisconsin / Ann Arbor (USA)
- University of Trier (Germany)
- University of Applied Sciences Worms (Germany)
- University of Management Varna (Bulgaria)
- Richmond International American University (London, UK)
Welcome to ConcordiaUA Programs!
Program taught in: