The Double Master’s Programme in Business Administration gives students the opportunity to pursue two master’s degrees from two top-ranking universities in only two years. Students spend their first year at the University of Cologne and their second year at one of the partner universities. This gives them a unique advantage as they can combine the best of two universities and enjoy the benefits of an international environment, allowing them to improve their intercultural understanding as well as their language skills.
The international master’s programme is part of the regular course offer at both universities and is based on the mutual recognition of credit points. Each programme has its own focus, depending on the partner university’s available specialisations.
The range of Double Master’s Programmes in Business Administration offered by the University of Cologne gives students the opportunity to choose the programme which best matches their career ambitions, either at:
- the Louvain School of Management in Belgium,
- the Aalto University School of Business in Finland,
- the Warsaw School of Economics in Poland or
- the Indian Institute of Management of Ahmedabad in India.
Students selected for the Double Master’s in Business Administration complete their first year at the University of Cologne and their second year at the Aalto University School of Business in Helsinki, the Louvain School of Management, the Warsaw School of Economics or at at the Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad (IIMA). Students can choose one of the majors offered as part of the Master of Science in Business Administration at the University of Cologne: Corporate Development, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Accounting ( Accounting is only available for German-speaking students) and...
- ... with one specialisation at the Aalto University School of Business (e.g. Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Information and Service Management, Management and International Business, Marketing, Strategy) or
- ... a professional focus in the Master in Management at the Louvain School of Management (Finance, Strategy, Marketing or Human Resources) or
- ... one specialisation at the Warsaw School of Economics (Management or International Business) or
- ... one specialisation at the IIMA (Economics, Finance and Accounting, Communication, Marketing or Business Policy). All courses offered by the IIMA are at master’s or PhD level.
The programme is available in English. It is based on the mutual recognition of credit points and includes a joint master’s thesis which is supervised by professors at both universities.
- An excellent bachelor's degree or equivalent with strong proficiency in Business Administration and Economics (at least 78 ECTS in total, of this at least 48 ECTS in Business Administration and at least 18 ECTS in Economics). Furthermore, applicants need to have strong proficiency in Statistics and/or Mathematics
- Bachelor final grade equivalent to at least 2.7 (German grading system)
- English at level C1 (CEFR) or equivalent (TOEFL min. ibt 100; IELTS min. 7.0; Cambridge CAE (B) or CPE (C))
- GMAT test result with a minimum score of 550 points
- For applicants with a German bachelor's degree: 15 May 2017
- For applicants who have not obtained their bachelor’s degree in Germany: 1 May 2017
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 12, 2017