The mission of this program is didactic (providing education) and of scientific research, implying, on the one hand, forwarding specialized knowledge in the field of criminal science, and on the other, training the students in the research activity.
This program’s specific aims are:
- Presenting the new Criminal Code and the new Code of criminal procedure;
- Presenting the role of the Constitutional Court in judging the exceptions of unconstitutionality in criminal matters, as well as the role of the European Court of Human Rights in these matters;
- Analysing doctrine opinions tied to the recent legislative changes in the field;
- Presenting legal regulations in the field of criminal science, with special reference to aspects regarding corruption, organized crime, money laundering, drug abuse, tax evasion, crimes in the field of informatics, etc.;
- The comparative analysis of the main criminal and criminal procedure institutions that can be found in the regulations of the European countries;
- The analysis of legal practices in the sphere of criminal law and criminal procedure law, in accordance with the existing solutions in this field in the European Union countries;
- The capitalization of the graduate learning experience in and outside the country.
Some of the subjects studied within this program are:
- In-depth special part Criminal law;
- Forensics: modern investigation procedures and techniques;
- European jurisdictional system of protecting the human rights;
- Executive criminal law;
- Criminal procedure law institutions;
- Institutions involved in fighting international crimes;
- Business criminal law;
- Individualising criminal law sanctions.
Students graduating this master’s degree have the following career options:
- Expert in preventing and fighting corruption,
- Forensics expert,
- Researcher in the field of legal science,
- Research assistant in the field of legal science,
- Customs liaison,
Admission is based on the documents sent in by the candidates, taking into account the undergraduate grade average.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 15, 2017