THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
What is the Master of Communication Design Labs?
The role of creative/communicator in a company is undergoing a process of transformation that demands a new profile. Companies in all sectors are starting to need a different kind of creative director, a person who is able to coordinate and deal with several specialists in the same environment and manage the processes that drive creativity and business strategies.
The Master of Communication Design Labs creates favorable conditions to achieve, over a year of learning and experience, the following objectives:
- Conceptualize, develop and communicate innovative ideas.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Build and communicate timeless concepts.
- Establish personal contacts with a range of professionals from the creative environment.
- “De-specialise” and unlearn to gain a broader view.
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
- Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication, etc.)
- Specific (audiovisual language and production, anthropology, storytelling, copywriting, new communication strategies, briefing, advertising copywriting, branding, global trends, content marketing strategies, commercial communication projects, etc.)
- Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement, etc.)
- Thesis/research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display, etc.)
Why study the Master of Communication Design Labs?
- Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
- Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy, and communication.
- Because the multicultural environment among students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
- Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
- Because the program is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
- Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
- Because the cultural activity of the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
- Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of Communication Design Labs?
Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
The course is methodologically developed on the basis of:
- Creative workshops
- Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms, and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona, and Paris-Boisbuchet.
- Seminars and lectures
- Case Studies
- Activities and cultural events
- Tutorials for the development of specific projects
- Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
At whom is the Master of Communication Design Labs aimed?
Professionals and graduates in any of the disciplines of the world of commercial communication, from traditional to interactive advertising, public relations, marketing, graphic design and product design. This program has been devised with a multidisciplinary and international approach, set in the border between design and production.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 3, 2018