About the program
The MA program in Classical (Music) Performance is designed to provide students with a wide knowledge of playing musical instruments. Basic theoretical subjects such as literature, prosody, history of art, stylistics, music history, folk music, composition theory, concert visiting, composition practice, and analysis are introduced to students. Applied subjects such as chamber music and choir practice are also offered during the program in addition to other fields, depending on the specialization. Rigorous coursework develops abilities to perform as a soloist and in an orchestra or chamber group. Graduates of the Faculty pursue careers in orchestras, in chamber groups, or as a solo artist.
- Specializations: piano, violin, cello, guitar, trombone
- Level of the program: Master
- Duration of the program: 4 semesters
- Registered in: EU
- Credits: 120
Who should apply?
- Application requirements: fully completed application form, BA degree in Performance*, a demonstrated proficiency in English (B2/Intermediate), and online entrance exam.
- Start of the program: September of each year
- Tuition fee: 2500 EUR per semester
- Application fee: 35 EUR
- Entrance Exam fee: 100 EUR
*Academic Records: an official English version OR translation of your Bachelor’s degree.
- Undergraduate / Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- Academic Records in English or certified translation.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to university.
- B2 level or equivalent certificate
For more information contact Ms. Bettina Bagoly via e-mail or call +36 62/544-600.
Program taught in: