The CEMS Master’s in International Management is a one year program that you study in combination with your MSc degree from Corvinus Business School.
The CEMS Master usually takes place in the second year of your studies in your third and fourth semester. If you start your Master's studies in the Spring semester, the CEMS program will take place in your second and third semester.
The CEMS Master is devised by academic and business leaders together to bridge university education and practical management, offering insights into leadership best practice.
Elements of CEMS MIM
1. A mandatory semester abroadYou will get the opportunity to study one semester abroad at a CEMS partner university. The semester abroad can be in the Fall semester or in the Spring semester.
2. Two mandatory courses (12 ECTS)Fall semester: Global Strategy (6 ECTS)
Spring semester: Global Management Practice (6 ECTS)
2. Elective courses (33 ECTS)You can choose from a wide range of courses in both semesters at Corvinus, in the term abroad you will select from the CEMS elective portfolio of the partner university.
3. Business project (15 ECTS)The business project is a real-life business problem of one of our Corporate Partners that you will solve in teams in the Spring term.
4. Block seminar (3 ECTS)The block seminar is a one-week intensive seminar at the beginning of the Fall semester.
In 2019 the topic of the Block seminar at CUB was Digital Business Transformation. You can get a general impression on what a Block seminar is like here:
5. Skill seminars (2 ECTS)Skill seminars are intensive one or two-day practice-oriented seminars where you develop a certain skill with the guidance of corporate partners. Business Communication Skills seminar is a mandatory element in the Fall semester.
6. InternshipAn international internship of a minimum of 8 weeks is also required for your CEMS degree.
7. Second foreign languageYou will need to pass a language test or complete a language course in a second foreign language to ensure the ability to live and work in a multicultural environment.
What gets you the job?
The different elements of the CEMS MIM program help you to combine theoretical knowledge with practical experience. During your studies, you have the opportunity to work with Corporate and Social partners and CEMS Alumni through exclusive skill seminars, business projects, networking events, and an international internship. CEMS Alumni network assists you throughout your career with practical advice and a mentorship program.
In recent years, the CEMS MIM has become increasingly recognized. CEMS MIM has been regularly ranked among the best management programs by the Financial Times and it is a well-known brand in the corporate world.
What is the value of CEMS MIM?
Over half of HR managers say the main drivers for career growth include working outside one’s comfort zone, gaining broad experience, and networking. In a global context, HR managers share the biggest challenges of working abroad include understanding new cultures, dealing with culture shock, handling language skills and communication issues, and building new relationships. The MIM program addresses those career drivers and criteria HR managers seek. Surveyed alumni say the top benefits of the CEMS MIM program include (1) international network, international approach, (2) study abroad, (3) well-recognized degree, and (4) improved language skills.
What companies say about CEMS MIM graduates?
The key differentiators of the CEMS MIM graduates include: (1) a truly international profile and the ability to interact and work in an open and cross-cultural environment coupled with (2) excellent language skills, (3) natural leadership abilities, (4) entrepreneurial spirit coupled with (5) a highly collaborative spirit. The executives also underline CEMS graduates’ ability to integrate quickly in a corporate environment.
Tuition Fee: There is no tuition fee for the CEMS MIM program at Corvinus.
Handling Fee: 100 EUR payable to CEMS Head Office after acceptance to the CEMS program.
Block seminar fee: 300 EUR (intensive seminar of the Fall semester).
Responsible Global Leadership seminar fee: 100 EUR (intensive seminar of the Spring semester).
Exchange semester: CEMS students do not pay a tuition fee to the CEMS partner university for the exchange semester.