CEMS Master of Science in International Management (CEMS MIM) is a prestigious supranational business degree that can be acknowledged as the best passport for an international career.
This is an internationally accredited program and benefits from a network of 31 top business schools around the world, 73 corporate partners, and 6 social partners that contribute to the students’ learning. This very select program is made available only by a few select universities worldwide and only one per country. Currently, only two universities in Latin America offer this program that is ranked:
#9 in The Financial Times Master in Management 2017
#9 in The Economist Master in Management 2017
This international program is taught in English and prepares students by utilizing elements of the academic and executive arenas. It is intended for students who, seeking to develop entrepreneurial skills at the global level and an international career track, wish to experience a semester at other CEMS MIM-network universities. Graduates receive both CEMS certificate and home university Master’s degree.
CEMS MIM unites international-caliber professors from leading universities and business schools, multinational companies and non-profit organizations jointly designing and delivering theoretical knowledge and practical know-how. Students join the one-year CEMS MIM Program to benefit from:
- International course experience.
- Top-ranked universities.
- A theoretical foundation based on state-of-the-art research results.
- Practical know-how through cooperation with multinational companies.
- Valuable professional and personal contacts through a close community.
- Exceptional career entry perspectives.
CEMS MIM program counts three terms: two academic terms (Term 1 & Term 2) and the international internship term (Term 3). The two academic terms must be consecutive (August – June), while the third term can take place at any time during the graduate period of studies. Students must spend one of the academic terms at UAI Business School.
Common curricular content is in place in all member schools. Within these general program rules, jointly-established quality criteria have to be met. Within these boundaries, member schools offer their interpretation of the curriculum with a clear local identity.
This is one of the strengths of the CEMS concept: to establish a common framework and quality level while drawing from a variety of local topics, specialties, and qualities.
- Internationalism. Our graduates are knowledgeable international business practitioners, able to execute effective business decision-making and change management in diverse contexts.
- Practical Approach. Our graduates apply advanced management and leadership competencies developed through the systematic experience of and engagement with the corporate world.
- Responsible Citizenship. Our graduates champion a holistic vision of responsible business decision-making, leadership, and citizenship, informed by ethical reasoning, personal integrity, and respect for social diversity.
- Reflective Critical Thinking. Our graduates are confident, agile, and reflective decision-makers and problem-solvers, able to formulate and apply innovative solutions to complex business challenges.
- Comprehensive Leadership. Our graduates are fully aware of their personal responsibility and accountability and of the ethical and cultural frameworks in which leadership is exerted.
Life at CEMS-UAI
The 12-month MIM program is an exceptionally rich learning experience, inside and outside the classroom. The active, network-based structure of CEMS means that opportunities abound for students to get involved and make the most of their CEMS year.
At UAI, students have the opportunity to be part of an active academic community, with weekly seminars and guests. CEMS UAI and the CEMS Club Santiago organize networking events with companies, where the students have the opportunity to interact with the local business community, including both in campus talks and company visits. Among the companies and institutions that have participated in our activities are McKinsey & Co., Maersk Line, Novo Nordisk, Statkraft, ABInBev, L’Oreal, Forus, Transparency International, Porsche, Coca-Cola, and others.
CEMS at UAI also means fun! Every term, there are multiple activities, such as outdoor teamwork games, walking tours on downtown Santiago, visits to museums, trips to the coast (Valparaiso), rafting, winery tours, and other activities.
The CEMS Club Santiago organizes plenty of networking and integration activities, creating a sense of community among our students and making your time at UAI a truly unforgettable experience.
Applicants must have all the requirements to obtain their bachelor degree by the start of the first term (by September each year)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Complete application form
- Personal interview
English: TOEFL (iBT100 or higher) or IELTS (7.0 or higher)
The application and selection processes take place simultaneously. Application Deadline is March 15, each year. Applications documents should be sent to email@example.com.
Format: Full-Time. Our master’s program runs yearly from September to August (depending on the school where the students complete his/her study-abroad requirement).
No requirement of prior work experience is needed to apply to the CEMS MIM.
Annual Fee: US$22000 (Fee cover tuition costs for the whole academic year. For the cost of living information and additional Fees in particular schools please visit cems.org).
Admission Requirements for UAI Bachelor Students
- Students must have a maximum of five outstanding courses plus two outstanding credits of sports and English by January 1 for the year the student will enter the program.
- Applicants must meet all requirements to obtain their bachelor degree by the start of the CEMS MIM’s first term (September each year).
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- Complete application form.
- Personal interview.
- English: TOEFL (IBT100 or higher) or IELTS (7.0 or higher).
- Application and selection processes take place simultaneously.
Graduation requirements (for professional degree)
Full-Time. Our master’s program runs yearly from September to August (depending on the school where the student completes his/her study-abroad requirement).
- Core courses
- Global strategy
- Global management practice
- Adaptive leadership (block seminar)
- Business communication (skill seminar)
- Responsible global leadership (seminar)
- Business project
- Elective courses
Elective exclusive courses for CEMS students. *Courses may change term by term.
- Business in Latin America
- Topics in global finance
- Consumer behavior
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Applied global macroeconomics
- Essential business analytics
- The science of happiness at work
- Innovation and business models
- International marketing
- Strategy beyond markets
- Organizational alignment
- Spanish I and II
- Business strategy in emerging markets
About UAI Business School
UAI Business School
UAI Business School was founded in 1953 and was first known as the Valparaíso Business School. Its founder was Adolfo Ibáñez Boggiano, a businessman, and public figure who early on recognized the need to provide professional training for potential business managers, whose performance would promote the country´s development.
Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez directly descended from the Valparaíso Business School and evolved into the dynamic and growing institution that the Business School is a part of today. It offers degree programs in business, engineering, law, psychology, design, and journalism.
Over the past 61 years, the University has successfully consolidated its place as one of the country´s leading universities. It currently has over 9,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels in its campuses located in Santiago, Viña del Mar and Miami.
UAI Business School provides management education to students enrolled in undergraduate, Masters of Science, MBA, and Ph.D. programs. The Business School and many of its academic programs and departments are consistently ranked among the best in Chile and Latin America.
The UAI Business School is committed to educating business leaders for the global economy, developing and inspiring entrepreneurs and professionals to create value for their organizations and communities.
Our Peñalolén Campus
Buried deep in the mountainside of the Peñalolén hills you will find the new building for postgraduate courses of the University Adolfo Ibáñez, a place designed to distance you from your daily routine and enable you to embark on the adventure of studying-
The 32,865-square meter Peñalolén campus includes 97 classrooms, 2 auditoriums, 2 libraries, 65 study rooms, and 263 offices distributed between 5 buildings: CEMS activities are located in the C Building (graduate building).
The campus also includes a health club, courts, and fields.
There are shuttle buses from the University to the Las Condes and Providencia neighborhoods to the campus.
Here you can find the routes and the schedule of the buses from the University.