The highly practical Business Information Systems Management Masters examines how information systems can be used strategically by organisations, especially web-based information systems and knowledge management systems.
The course has a unique focus on the quality management process of implementing and maintaining systems, as well as focusing on the strategy, legal and regulatory implications of information systems. The course meets demand in the industry for managers with up to date technical and analytical skills to make the best use of their company's IS/IT.
The course, available both full-time and part-time, is ideal for students with a business or computing degree who want to move into careers such as information systems auditing, quality management, e-commerce, systems development, or strategic management of IS/IT.
- BIS4430 Information Systems Strategy and Management
- BIS4408 Information Systems Quality Management
- BIS4425 Regulation of E-Commerce and Information Technology
- BIS4435 Data Management for Decision Support - Optional
- BIS4410 Knowledge Management Systems - Optional
- BIS4992 Postgraduate Computing Project (60k) (July - October)
Our Business Information Systems courses prepare graduates for a wide range of varied careers. As a graduate, you will have excellent career prospects and the range of potential employers will be vast across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
There is also the potential to work as a self-employed director of your own business. As a graduate, there are many opportunities including:-
- IT Project Manager - specialises in information technology but also in sectors unrelated to IT that rely on IT systems.
- ICT Manager - ensures that information technology resources are aligned with the organisation's mission, corporate goals, and the corporate strategic plan.
- Systems Designer - develops and implements information systems in sectors as diverse as finance, communications and retail.
- System Developer - tests systems, diagnoses and fixes faults, writes diagnostic programs and designs and writes code for operating systems and software to ensure that they function more efficiently.
- IT Systems/Business Analyst - designs new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity.
- Information Systems Manager - installs computer systems, ensures that back up systems operate effectively, buys hardware and software, provides the ICT technology infrastructures for an organisation, and contributes to organisational policy with regard to quality standards and strategic planning.
Cost & Fees
MUR 230, 000
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018