The Big Data Analysis Specialization is a two-year program conducted in English, which is held in collaboration with industry experts from global companies. The studies simultaneously prepare students to work in big data in the finance field. Aside from extensive finance knowledge, practical technical skills will be taught, such as identifying, collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and transforming data, in order to face big data challenges in the financial world. Furthermore, new trends in both areas will be presented, from venture capital to cloud computing.
- The attained expertise will allow graduates to handle business processes from data capture over to processing and visualization, enabling them to participate in the decision-making process whether from a strategic or financing standing point by applying their problem-solving abilities and outside the box thinking. As a result, they will have the widest career opportunities in all areas
- In 2018 Kozminski University was ranked 17th in the world in the Global Masters in Finance Ranking published by "Financial Times". It is the only university ranked from Central and Eastern Europe. The Big Data Analysis program is a specialization on the Master in Finance and Accounting Program.
- The Master’s Program in Finance and Accounting has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
- Kozminski University is an academic partner of the CAIA Association. Becoming a partner of the CAIA Association, a global network of more than 9,000 alternative investment professionals located in more than 90 countries, gives our students access to CAIA's vast databases and the possibility to get a special scholarship.
- The Program is a part of the "Academia 360" project and is co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund).
WHAT YOU GAIN FROM YOUR STUDIES?
- This innovative international Master program offers you hands-on experience of Business Analytics in collaboration with global companies across various industries, in a European country known for its technological know-how.
- This full-time international Master program enables you to build your career in applied data analytics, an area of high demand in top companies worldwide.
- Enhance your profile with excellent analytical skills, in order to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Extend your knowledge and skills within your area of interest through a number of elective courses.
- Improve your command of professional terminology not only in finance but also in the age of digitalization.
- Prepare yourself for further personal and professional development.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AFTER YOUR STUDIES
- Big Data Analytics Manager
- Data Solutions Architect
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Financial Market Analyst
- Analytics Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Business Consultant
- A specialist in any department of a company where knowledge of finance and big data is a must
- An employee of a finance department in an international corporation or a financial institution
- Data Scientist
Students have access to multiple study resources allowing them to collect all the necessary information for solving practical business problems as well as to dwell into academic science. The University provides access to a plethora of databases, including Reuters, BankScope, EMIS, Infinancials, etc. (a complete list can be found here), which represent an essential toolkit for business analysis. Academic databases such as ScienceDirect, ProQuest, JSTOR etc. allow tracking the most recent research findings in the domains of economics and finance. Thanks to a special agreement, KU students have access to the published materials of "Financial Times" (including articles, webcasts, business data and interactive graphics), which provides an unparalleled international exposure and essential multidisciplinary knowledge of global politics and finance.
Being a highly positioned academic institution, Kozminski University puts a strong emphasis on rigorous research aimed at gaining new insights into business and economics through the application of the refined methodology. KU staff publish prolifically in prestigious peer-reviewed journals such as Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Stability, Emerging Markets Review, etc.
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Building Research Models in R
- Elements of Descriptive Statistics and Statistical Inference
- Introduction to VBA in Quantitive Analysis
- Statistical Hypothesis and Properties Using R
- Analysis of Financial Data Relationships
- Linear Regressions in Analysis
- Construction and Exploration of Databases
- Methods of Data Cleaning and Aggregation
- Oracle for Creation of Databases
- Development of Project Management Skills with Negotiation Elements
- Financial Corporate Reporting
- Analysis of Financial Markets
- Advanced Analysis of Financial Markets
- Bayesian Financial Analysis
- Financial Mathematics
- Financial Economics with Macroelements
- Introduction to Reuters, Bloomberg, and Other Databases
- Introduction to R, SAS, Matlab, and Mathematica
- Introduction to Hadoop
- Data Processing in the Cloud
- Data Security
- Financial Data Mining
- Methods of Multidimensional Data Analysis
- Data Analysis and Simulations Using R
- Making Big Data Analytics Interactive, Using PowerPivot, SharePoint, Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Methods of Data Visualization and Reporting, Using MO and Tableau
- Panel Data Analysis
- Analysis of Time-Series Data
- Simulations and Predictions
- Financial Data Optimization
- Elementary of Text Mining on Financial Markets
- Web mining
- Social Media
- Venture Capital Funding
- Hacker Culture
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Financial Budgeting
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Operations Research
- Marketing Research
- Economic Research
- Using Python
- Using SQL
- Using SAS
Classes take place from Monday to Friday in the morning and in the afternoon.
Admission for the Program is based on a written exam (online test). Candidates with the highest score will be qualified.
The application must include:
- application form - complete the form online, print and sign
- original Bachelor/Master degree diploma or notarized copy and transcript of records
- 1 signed passport photograph
- copy of the national ID or a passport
- CV in English
- at least one reference letter
- proof of payment of the admission fee (non-refundable)
- certificate confirming proficiency in English (unless the high school/university courses were taught in English) - e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, CEIBT issued by the University of Cambridge; IELTS (>=6.0 points); TOEFL IBT (>=87 points); TOEIC (at least 700 points from the test); LCCI (English for Business level 2, 3, 4); London Test of English certificates (PEARSON) - level 3, 4, 5 (certificates Edexcel).
- Polish citizens who did their previous studies in English or who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from the English Language at the Polish Matura or successfully went through the interview, can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
- List of documents confirming the knowledge of English language (pdf)
- Declaration of participation in the project (pdf)
- Project participant declaration (pdf)
Foreigners are additionally required to submit:
- medical certificate (before acceptance)
- copy of a valid visa or the residence permit (after acceptance)
- health and accident insurance (after acceptance)
All documents issued in foreign languages should be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator.
Documents should be delivered to the KU Admission Office (room D/126) until the 10th of July 2018.
The admission fee is 260 PLN for EU citizens and 390 PLN for non-EU citizens.
CANDIDATES FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES
Foreigners who need a visa to study in Poland are additionally required to make payment of tuition for one full year of studies before we can issue documents necessary in the visa application process i.e. invitation to come to Poland and the admission decision. Admission commission issues a conditional acceptance letter including individual account number to which the payment should be transferred in Polish Złoty (PLN) calculated according to the exchange rates of the National Bank of Poland (www.nbp.pl). In case the candidate is denied a visa tuition is returned. Admission fee is non-refundable.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 15, 2019