Offered By: Colangelo College of Business
Take the Next Step in Your IT Career
Grand Canyon University's Master of Science in Information Technology Management program is designed to prepare students for leadership positions in information technology. The master's in information technology management program consists of a unique blend of management courses that will provide you with the business knowledge required to manage information technology functions across a wide range of industries.
If you have experience or a background in information technology and want to take the next step in your career, this MS in information technology management program is for you. The masters in information technology management degree covers a broad range of topics in the functional areas of business, such as accounting, finance, organizational behavior and strategic management, as well as technology topics, including information security and risk management, innovation in information technology and data management, business process analysis, and IT project management. You will have the opportunity to synthesize and practice what you have learned throughout the program by undertaking an applied IT project. Your project will focus on IT and systems management solutions to meet contemporary business needs with an emphasis on critical thinking and problem-solving skills applicable to contemporary, IT-driven business organizations.
Play a Managerial Role in Improving IT for Businesses
You will develop the skills to fulfill an IT management position, as well as gain the following core competencies upon completing the information technology degree program:
- Strategic Management and Leadership: Evaluate, formulate and propose a strategy to sustain, develop or improve IT systems within organizations; possess the skills to lead technology teams and other IT professionals to improve organizational outcomes.
- Information Literacy and Decision Making: Perform industry-specific research, as well as analyze and synthesize data to make business decisions driving growth, sustainability, and operational improvement.
- Ethics in Information Technology: Recognize social, moral and ethical responsibility to stakeholders, the community, and the greater social good; apply industry standards for IT governance to promote ethical behavior and compliance within organizations.
- Quantitative Analysis and Reasoning: Interpret and apply relevant financial and data analytics information in order to make and recommend decisions related to IT resource distribution in alignment with an organization’s strategy and financial objectives.
What You Will Learn
Develop Skills to Lead IT Teams and Departments
This MS in information technology management degree features two finance courses (Financial Fundamentals for Managers and Financial Decision Making) offered to introduce basic accounting and finance principles to IT departments and managers. You will also learn the fundamentals of business process analysis and its role in driving efficient and innovative organizations in the program's Business Process Analysis course.
Other course topics include:
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in the College of Business.
- Innovation in Information Technology and Data Management.
- IT Management and Leadership.
- IT Project Management.
- Information Security and Risk Management.
Pursue Leadership in Information Technology
Graduates of the Master of Science in Information Technology Management degree program will have the preparation to pursue a career as an information technology or information systems manager or project manager. Other potential career opportunities include data processing manager. You may also choose a career path toward becoming chief information officer or chief technology officer.
Pursue a next-generation education with an online degree from Grand Canyon University. Earn your degree with convenience and flexibility with online courses that let you study anytime, anywhere. GCU offers the most experienced leadership in delivering online degree programs. Full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors, equipped with strong academic backgrounds and practical experience in their fields, support you every step of the way. Designed with the career-oriented professional in mind, our online classes provide an intimate environment that stimulates engaging and challenging discussions. Choose from programs across our distinct colleges, in high-demand employment areas. Classes begin frequently.
Grand Canyon University’s evening programs cater to the demands of working professionals who prefer an in-person learning environment. Our night classes meet just once per week and offer the interaction and discussion of a typical college classroom. Night classes are designed for a specific number of students, providing a warm and nurturing environment that supports an engaging experience. In an evening cohort, you will progress through your degree program with the same career-minded classmates, providing an opportunity to network and forge relationships that go beyond the classroom. Classes begin frequently at various locations, including our main campus.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 13, 2018