The title "International Strategy Analyst" aims to develop its analytical, action and decision support capabilities in international environments.
To validate this title 3 courses are possible, corresponding to different specialties and universes:
- Defense, Security and Crisis Management
- Geoconomy and risk management
- Geopolitics and prospective
The course "Geoeconomics and Risk Management" is delivered in partnership with Grenoble Ecole de Management and ADIT, the European leader in strategic intelligence. Training also awarded with a certificate in Geoeconomy and Common Strategic Intelligence IRIS / ESC Grenoble.
The Geoeconomy and Risk Management course, level 5, has two objectives:
- Train professionals able to understand the international environment of international economic relations beyond the only business issues (economic war, culture and management, sustainable development, compliance and due diligence, etc.), to assess risks, Anticipate difficulties in order to support their administration or their company and its collaborators in their international activities;
- To enable the acquisition of essential tools and instruments (watch, intelligence, security) for decision-making in a shifting and complex international context.
- Ensure the originality of the graduated profiles by developing dual skills (geoeconomics, monitoring or compliance, following the initial curriculum), in order to increase professionalisation and employability.
Presentation of the teachings
Geoeconomics studies the balance of power between actors in the global economy. An original approach to geopolitics, it includes businesses, NGOs, and even markets and consumers beyond just states, in an effort to understand what are the potential avenues and strategies for meeting current and future challenges. Geoeconomics is an essential approach to understanding business activity, opportunities, and the threats they face. This training also intends to develop a strong critical spirit in front of a flow of information and misinformation always more provided. This program was developed in collaboration with ADIT, the European leader in strategic intelligence. It is organized in 10 modules, revolving around 5 main axes:
• "Contemporary geoeconomy";
• Information management and analysis tools;
• Understanding the company internationally;
• Risks and risk management: financial issues;
• The professional project.
The originality of this course is based on the combination of several skills (geoeconomics, strategic intelligence, monitoring, international management ...) in a transversal approach. In this context, at the end of this course, our students have acquired solid knowledge and sought-after skills, which allow them to apply for various positions (consulting, strategic watch, risk assessment, strategic management, international negotiation), in large multinationals, small or medium-sized enterprises, NGOs, governments, international organizations.
- Admission on file and interview.
- Profile of students recruited: Masters 1 or 2 (or equivalent) in law, international relations, political science, economics and management, management, languages, etc. ; graduates from ESC, IEP, IAE.
- Good English, a second language is a plus.
INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT OF THE COMPANY:
THEMATIC APPROACH - 36 H
- Finance: ethical and environmental issues
- Crime and money laundering
- Dollar, euro and yuan: what currency adjustment policies?
- Raw materials and energy: north-south issues
- The US economy versus the Chinese economy: who's leading the world?
INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT OF THE COMPANY:
REGIONAL APPROACH - 48 H
- Emerging Asia: economic powers in the making?
- What place for Latin America?
- Africa: economic issues and development
- Arab countries: financial problems
- The European Union: economic giant, political dwarf?
UNDERSTANDING AND ANALYZING - 36 H
- Analysis of international news
- Decrypt strategic information
RISKS AND RISK MANAGEMENT - 53 H
- How to assess country risks
- Banking regulation and financial stability
- From risk anticipation to corporate crisis management
- Protection of strategic information and cybersecurity
- Corruption and fight against corruption
- Understanding international sanctions (serious game)
- Export control (armaments and dual-use goods) in an open world: key principles and challenges
STRATEGIC INTELLIGENCE WATCH AND TECHNIQUES - 24 H
- Emergence of economic intelligence
- Choose a monitoring platform - benchmarking professional tools
- Setting up a watch cell and managing a portal: the Digimind Tool
INFORMATION, INTELLIGENCE AND COMMUNICATION - 18 H
- Information search and exploitation of open source
- Strategic management of information serving the territories
COMPANY UNDERSTANDING AND GLOBAL MANAGEMENT - 46 H
- strategic management
- Management and Culture
- Compliance: issues and methods
- Due diligence - build a verification process
- Business and country specialties
CORPORATE GAMES - 43 H
- Business case study
- International business development
- Project management
PROFESSIONAL WRITINGS AND MEMORY - 10 H
PREPARATION FOR PROFESSIONAL INSERTION - 15 H
- Presentation of trades and security functions
- Economic Intelligence and Human Networks
- Workshops Professional project
- Professional experience: internship, professionalization contract, civic service, etc. (455 hours minimum)
- English (depending on level) online with Gymglish: 5 mails per week for 8 months
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 11, 2018