The title "International Strategy Analyst" aims to develop its analytical, action and decision support capabilities in international environments.
To validate this title 3 courses are possible, corresponding to different specialties and universes:
- Defense, Security and Crisis Management
- Geoconomy and risk management
- Geopolitics and prospective
The "Defense, Security and Crisis Management" course is delivered in partnership with Grenoble Ecole de Management. Training also sanctioned by a Certificate in Defense, Security and Crisis Management Joint IRIS / ESC Grenoble.
The defense, security and crisis management course, level 5, aims to:
- To provide students with knowledge and keys to understanding the strategic environment, defense issues and new security issues;
- To provide working methods and decision-making tools in crisis management.
This training is also offered remotely.
Presentation of the teachings
The program, divided into ten modules, includes courses on fundamental concepts, but also on crisis response modes of action.
The international environment and defense policies of the major powers, regional crises and conflicts and new global threats are presented in their political, geopolitical, economic and legal aspects. A general overview that mixes theories, concepts and experiences of the speakers.
Once the international environment is apprehended, the students deepen the modes of action and the means of a national defense policy, before becoming familiar, by practical cases and simulations, with the main tools and instruments to anticipate, to prevent and manage a crisis.
The program also addresses, with practical cases, serious games and simulations, company-specific problems in this insecure international environment, internal security and those of socio-economic actors.
The skills acquired allow access to positions in French public bodies in charge of defense and security (Ministries of Defense, Europe and Foreign Affairs, Interior, SGDSN, embassies, etc.). ), in international organizations dealing with security in all its military and non-military aspects, in the defense industries and strategic industries often present for export (energy, transport, major infrastructures), in NGOs, or even security analyst positions, or corporate consultant or consulting firm.
- Admission on file and interview.
- Profile of students recruited: Masters 1 or 2 (or equivalent) in international relations, law, economics and management, IEP, communication, history, schools (commerce, engineers). Mastery of English essential.
DEFENSE POLICIES FOR LARGE POWERS - 32 H
- Introduction to the development of a defense policy
- The armaments industry as a tool of a defense policy
- Defense policy of France, the United States, China, Russia
THE CONDUCT OF INTERNATIONAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT - 26 H
- Security Sector Reform (SSR)
- Exit of crisis and negotiation for peace
- Introduction to international humanitarian law
THE TOOLS OF INTERNATIONAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT - 48 H
- The crisis management strategy
- Crisis communication
- Initiation to military strategies
- New Tools of Foreign and Defense Policy
- Case study / simulation
THE ACTORS OF INTERNATIONAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT - 26 H
- States: traditional actors of international crisis management
- NGOs: role and operational strategies in crisis management
- International organizations: NATO, EU, UN
- Private military companies
GEOPOLITICS AND ENTERPRISE - 30 H
- Role of companies in global geopolitics (GEM students, ESC, IAE, management sciences)
- Understanding the business - Serious game (general students)
- Negotiate and manage conflicts (simulations)
CRISES AND CONFLICTS IN THE WORLD - 66 H
- Analysis of international news
- Crises and conflicts in Africa • in the Maghreb • in the Middle East • in the countries of the former USSR • in the Afghanistan / Pakistan / Iran zone • in the Balkans • in South-East Asia
- Migration in the world
INTERNAL SECURITY AND SECURITY OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC ACTORS - 34 H
- Homeland Security
- Security in the company
- Cybersecurity and protection of strategic information
- Economic security
- Energy security
ANTICIPATION AND STRATEGIC DECISION - 46 H
- Practical approach of foresight
- Strategic intelligence and watch techniques
- Anticipate: the role of intelligence
- Risk Management
MEMORY - 3 H
PREPARATION FOR PROFESSIONAL INSERTION - 10 AM
- Professional coaching workshops
- Daily English with GymGlish
- Internship (3 months minimum)