The New School is a progressive university in New York City where scholars, artists, and designers come together to challenge convention and create positive change. Founded in 1919, the university consists of Parsons School of Design, Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts, the College of Performing Arts, The New School for Social Research, and numerous renowned graduate programs. The New School’s rigorous, multidimensional approach to education gives students the academic freedom to shape their unique, individual paths of study for a complex and rapidly changing world.
The Master of Arts in Arts Management and Entrepreneurship at The New School’s College of Performing Arts is one of the first graduate programs designed specifically to help performers gain the critical skill set they need to become recognized artistic leaders—onstage and beyond.
This innovative new program is designed for students who have just completed undergraduate performing arts programs as well as performing artists out in the world. The program enables musicians, composers, actors, directors, playwrights, and dancers to further develop their skills as performers while acquiring the competencies they need to excel as independent artists, reinvent existing cultural organizations, and launch their own arts-related enterprises.
In the MA in Arts Management and Entrepreneurship program, students have the unique opportunity to:
- Develop the administrative, strategic, and technical skills creative entrepreneurs need to innovate and stand out
- Take tailored core courses that immerse them in entrepreneurial theory contextualized for a growing arts economy
- Expand the boundaries of traditional arts administration while learning from leading nonprofit and management practitioners
- Continue developing as artists by participating in world-class productions and performances that take advantage of The New School’s state-of-the-art performing arts building, Arnhold Hall, along with other performing arts venues across New York City
- Build a skill set applicable to a diverse range of career options in performing arts management, community arts, arts education, project management, arts administration, entrepreneurship, partnership management, and more
- Develop the skills creative entrepreneurs need to stand out as independent artists or create new arts organizations
- Expand the boundaries of performing arts entrepreneurship while learning from leading nonprofit and management practitioners
- Learn from leading educators in business and management at Milano School of International Affairs, Management, and Urban Policy
- Continue to develop as an artist by participating in world-class productions and performances at The New School and venues across NYC