Applied Master (MSc) in Aerospace Engineering
Emirates Aviation University and Coventry University UK are offering you the chance to study towards a part-time Applied Master (MSc) in Aerospace Engineering degree. The programme aims to further develop students' knowledge of and expertise in specialist engineering subjects associated with the main application areas of aeronautical engineering. Particular prominence is given to Sustainable Aviation, Advanced Materials and Processes, Experimental Methods and Techniques, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Engineering Analysis and Simulation, Flight Dynamics and Simulation, and Advanced Aircraft Systems, in particular, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. The programme is taught on a part-time basis, in five-day blocks per module, held every two months. Modules are delivered by a specialist team of academics drawn from EAU’s pool of international visiting faculties flying from across the globe.
Why enrol in this programme?
The work carried out on this programme will provide the demonstrable expertise necessary to help secure professional-level employment in related industries. The programme was developed to improve upon the fundamental undergraduate knowledge of aerospace/aeronautical students and help mechanical students learn more about the application of their subject to aircraft. The whole aerospace/aviation industry is committed to a more sustainable and a more efficient future. The techniques, methods and subjects covered in this degree explore the ever-changing industrial environment in more detail.
The programme’s general aims are:
- To provide a relevant and useful programme, that can meet the needs of the individual, containing both theoretical and practical subjects within the broad areas of flight dynamics, structures, aerodynamics, materials, sustainable aviation and aerospace-related systems.
- To further the students' skills and knowledge acquired through relevant previous study and experience, to enhance their transferable and professional skills and thereby improve their wider employment prospects.
- To enable students to further develop their analytical, critical communication and presentation skills in the context of their taught modules.
- To familiarise students with contemporary applied and theoretical aspects of the programmes’ subject areas to enable them to operate as effective professionals in these areas.
- To provide relevant and topical subject content for personal professional development that promotes good practice in the workplace, relating to subjects within the broad domains of programmes’ subject areas.
The Applied Master (MSc) in Aerospace Engineering is a dual award programme conferred by Emirates Aviation University and Coventry University, UK. The EAU award is recognised by the National Qualifications Authority (NQA) in the UAE.
The specialist topics studied on the programme will prepare you for work in specialist companies involved with aeronautical engineering. There are also many roles in related industries that rely on the technology. Possible destinations include:
- Design, Development, Operations and Management
- Projects/Systems/Structural/Avionics Engineers
Upon the completion of the master’s programme, opportunities also exist to complete a PhD research degree at Emirates Aviation University awarded by Coventry University, UK.
The course consists of eight modules and a dissertation.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Advanced Materials and Processes
- Computer Aided Engineering with Finite Element Analysis
- Engineering Analysis and Simulation
- Flight Dynamics and Simulation
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems
- Experimental Methods and Techniques
- Sustainable Aviation
- Individual Project
Mode of delivery
The programme is delivered on a part-time basis, in five-day blocks per module, held every two months. Modules span the weekend to facilitate minimum disruption for participants in full-time employment. All classes are delivered at our new campus located in Dubai International Academic City (DIAC).
Eighteen months, part-time.
Program taught in: