This 6-month of classes and 6-month internship Applied MSc program, with its two entries in Autumn and Spring, is designed to open your career to these Big Data jobs all industries are looking for.
And in France, it definitely makes Data Science “the sexiest job of the XXIth century”! (Harvard Business Review, Oct. 2012)
Classes are given in English from the:
- End of September to the beginning of April for the Autumn entry;
- Beginning of March to mid-October for the Spring entry;
on a full-time basis (5 hours/day) along with “Engineering Projects” (see below) and followed by a 6-month work placement.
In this Applied MSc program, you will:
- Learn how to understand the analysis, design, implementation & monitoring of IT & Big Data architectures;
- Get familiar with the machine and deep learning algorithms with an industrial approach to applied mathematics;
- Learn how to deploy Big Data architectures and Machine Learning results into corporate systems and get familiar with data visualization;
- Get the awareness of the legal consequences of data handling, with a pinch of ethical thinking regarding the consequences of mining (big) data.
- Be trained to and take two Enterprise-Level Certifications examinations:
- Amazon AWS *Cloud-Computing DSTI Chair*
Preparation for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- SAS Institute *The SAS ecosystem DSTI Chair*
Preparation for SAS Certified Predictive Modeler Using SAS Enterprise Miner 14
Classes for this Applied MSc program are offered on a full-time basis from Data ScienceTech Institute campuses (around 5hrs a day).
Once the classes are finished, our Applied MSc students can choose between going for a work placement or working on an advanced engineering project and dissertation. DSTI strongly encourages On-Campus students towards industrial placement and advanced engineering projects for online education students ones.
On-Campus students are strongly encouraged to choose the 6-month work placement option (805hrs, 35hrs/week) and immerse themselves into a data science industrial environment. Finding a work placement opportunity is a student’s responsibility. DSTI provides active help, advice, and support throughout its industrial and academic partners network.
Advanced engineering project
Online education students will be tutored by a DSTI Professor in selecting a data science engineering problem for a given industrial application and write an engineering proposal, covering state-of-the-art literature, to propose a solution. On-Campus students may also choose this engineering project as an alternative to a work placement.
*540 hours is an evaluated time, which accounts for the 200 hours already spent during the classes time and equivalent to four months of legal full-time work in France (35 hours per week), of requirement commitment to perform the project.
Available MODES for this program
On-campus, Online, SPOC
We offer 3 delivery modes for the programs:
- First an on-campus mode (Paris or Nice Sophia-Antipolis)
- Then 2 different online modes.
- Online Mode Live: 6 months intensive program. 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Classes are followed live.
- SPOC Mode: 18 months, part-time program. Suits students that want to work and study at the same time.