Master - Applied Computer Science
(School of Informatics)
The key position occupied by Informatics in the various areas of business and research requires a foundation in current knowledge that exceeds basic job qualifications. In our Master of Science programme for Informatics (M.Sc.), you will acquire this knowledge on a high level – even to the point of qualifying for doctoral studies in Informatics / Computer Science.
Programme core and objectives:
- In-depth instruction in the most significant areas of Computer Science, with close ties to current research
- Incorporation of practical, applicable components into instruction, e.g. practical examples and individual project work with a high degree of self-directed learning
- Management competencies are a further distinguishing trait of the Master’s programme. As a student, you will acquire skills in international project management.
All required subjects are taught in English. Elective courses are also mostly taught in English.
Receiving your degree will increase your chances of securing an ambitious position at enterprises in the software industry or in public service.
Admission requirements: successfully completed Bachelor’s or Diplom degree in Computer Science (with marks of at least 2.5 or higher).
The programme results in the degree: Master of Science
Your studies will include instruction in special high-demand areas of applied Informatics. Additionally, our learning methods are focused on practical implementation of skills.
There area wide range of required subjects offered, such as International Project Managment, Software Architecture, Networks and Network Security, Databases and Data Mining and many more!
Examples of Optional Topics
- Applied Research 1 & 2
- Distributed Systems
- DatabasesandData Mining
- 3D Visualizationand Game Development
- SAP Enterprise Service Architectures
- SAP System, Application, Customization, ABAP
Positions you will be qualified for:
- Advanced Software Engineer and Architect in the area of structured and object oriented Software Development.
- Systems Analyst and System Designer for mid to large ERP Systems.
- Techincal and Process oriented consultant respective project leader with international competency.
Youmustalso submit the following documentsin order for your application foracceptance in the Master-Program to be processed.
- Three passport sized photographs
- Curriculum vitae
- certified copyof Credentials (eg. High School Transcripts, University Transcripts, Language tests)
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purposeand Goals
- Practical experience
- Signedstudy induplicate
- Acceptance for a place in the University of Heidelberg for Applied Sciences
- Beginning: MSc April 1st,latest Jan 31st
- Beginning: MSc October 1st,latest August 31st
- Registration fee: 650 EUR (one-time fee)
- Complete program tuition fee: 16,730 EUR (includes registration fee)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 31, 2016