A word from the Academic Director
"Being SMIB is not only a label that you get when joining the academic programme. It is a real mindset, attitude and way of living that will stick to you all over the years. I can assert this, not only as the appointed Academic Director of the programme but also as a former SMIB myself.
This would be the summary of this SMIB-spirit: business-oriented, open-minded, bold and authentic. Being open-minded is not an advertising catchphrase for the SMIB programme. We really live diversity in our daily life: when on campus, through the various nationalities represented in the programme; when on business trips; when at work, through the many chosen expatriation paths that SMIBs are in…
So how do we do it? Simply because our focus is on excellence, in whatever we do. And to be excellent, one needs emotional, cultural, theoretical and practical intelligence. So if you are not fully convinced, read on!"
Anne-Flore Maman Larraufie (PhD), Academic Director of the MS SMIB
Why should I do the MS SMIB?
Get ready to join the global job market with this internationally focused programme, which includes:
- core courses taught 100% in English
- a choice of specialised track
- offered at all corners of the globe with 3 leading partner universities
- each with a specific career goal in mind
- an international field trip
- the possibility to learn French and Mandarin as a foreign language
- an in-company project to be carried out anywhere in the world
- the chance to mix with a very diverse student class and teaching faculty
Core coursesWhatever track you decide to follow, rest assured that you will not be thrown in at the deep-end but first be able to gain all the necessary knowledge and skills via the fundamental and core courses.
You will start the year with team building and cover the following topics taught in professional and dynamic formats including interactive seminars, simulation games and workshops:
- geopolitics and cross-cultural issues
- micro and macroeconomics
- strategy (building, marketing & management)
- corporate finance (reporting, analysis & strategy)
- competitive intelligence
- business law
A one-week study trip is included in the programme and is the perfect opportunity for you to meet with locally based companies and professionals. Depending on the destination - which changes each year - you will be able to discover a wide range of sectors and delve into local issues.In the past few years, students have visited Geneva, San Francisco, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Milan, Ho Chi Minh, Miami, London and Shanghai.
You will be able to apply the theories and skills you have picked up and built on during the academic part of the programme in your field project, which is also where 45% of graduates end up getting their first permanent contract. Another 26% go straight into full-time employment at the end of the academic time instead of embarking on an internship.
Examples of companies hiring last year’s SMIB interns and graduates:
- Christian Dior Couture, Tag Heuer
- Sodexo Asia Pacific
- Veolia Japan
- Natixis, Société Générale
- Sanofi, Ipsen, GE Medical Systems
- Roland Berger